Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

if I had to pick an order I'd go odyssey then Divine Wings then paradise lost

crib notes I'd say:

-first 3 tracks of Divine Wings
-Inferno, Wicked, Accolade II and The Turning off Odyssey
-Set the World on Fire, Domination, and pick any of the last 5 tracks off Paradise Lost

Extra credit is the song The Odyssey, all 24 minutes of it (which they played as an encore the first time I saw them in 2003)

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ahhh nice I'm glad you enjoyed Symphony X, they do always put on a great live show. Fingers crossed for new music soon

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

TYS rules, they used to play shows in my basement like 15 years ago

closest way I can describe them is if the Rx Bandits and Coheed & Cambria had a baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxzSGMYogow

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

wait where was this lol

Please tell me you dj'ed on SOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

huh, you know I've always been so devoted to WSOU i've actually never tuned into WMSC. I'm not even sure it comes in up here (Bergen county), I barely get SOU half the time.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

IIRC the main creative force is the guitarist anyway so I'm not *super* worried

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

since Steve Vai is in the conversation again please enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JNmz17gnMw