Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Actuallly yeah, the new OP does have some pretty serious spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
What the gently caress is with the new ED? Ugh.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
New episode is out, and things are moving along quite nicely. Loved getting to see the comedy with Raikage animated. The shot at the end where they cut to him crying is hilarious. Things start to get really awesome next week!

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Calling out Neji not even getting into filler arcs, :laffo:

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"

Harettazetta fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 16, 2010

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Ugh next week :flashfap:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Tonfa posted:

Calling out Neji not even getting into filler arcs, :laffo:

It's even funnier that Naruto still thinks this show is about him.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

New episode is up, this poo poo just got real.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Indeed. The pain fight has started! Finnaly!

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
This is about to get loving awesome isn't it? I'm so glad i have no idea whats coming, it makes it that much more exciting.

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

Wow, Naruto is just kicking rear end this week. The manga chapter rocked and now this. Can't wait to see the new jutsu Naruto has been working on.

Wompa164
Jul 19, 2001

Don't write ghouls.
gently caress, I can't remember the last time I was this excited for Naruto.

Can anyone tell me approximately where the anime currently is in relation to the manga? Just an estimation will do, I don't think I can wait another 4-6 weeks to see how this battle unfolds, I want to read it all NOW.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Wompa164 posted:

gently caress, I can't remember the last time I was this excited for Naruto.

Can anyone tell me approximately where the anime currently is in relation to the manga? Just an estimation will do, I don't think I can wait another 4-6 weeks to see how this battle unfolds, I want to read it all NOW.

No one ever reads the OP, I update that link weekly :eng99: I would recommend waiting it out though since it's turning out great animated so far.

I liked the little added gag of the Hyuuga cheating at cards in this episode. For some reason jutsu abuse outside of combat always amuses me.

Movie Edit: This one has the most incomprehensible plot yet and villains straight out of Tetsuya Nomura's sketchbook. :wtf: There are some parts that are worth watching though:

- Neji/Lee tag team jutsu
- Naruto/Gaara fight
- Rasengan flavor of the movie: Rasenshuriken of TTGL proportions

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Apr 23, 2010

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Yep, the movie became a little cringe worthy after shoving the 'those who abandon their comrades are worse than scum' line down your throat even more times than you would have expected. Of course, any Naruto movie will plaster your retinas with a recurring POWER OF FRIENDSHIP theme, but this iteration just seemed to take the piss.

I did, however, really enjoy some of the kickin' rad fight scenes and accompanying music. In particular -although it was brief- I loved the poo poo out of Shino's pit of bug death and instant doggy execution.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I enjoyed the movie. The plot was poo poo but I don't really care much with these movies as long as it isn't boring or about an orphan. Mostly I just watch to see well animated fights.

Oh man I can't believe they actually found a way to make Tenten sorta useful by finishing off the enemy.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Naruto goes Back to the Future in the next movie :allears:

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I haven't watched Naruto in a long time. The last fight I saw was Naruto & Kakashi vs that guy with the 4 hearts from Akatsuki. Does anyone know where that is so I can pick up on it again? Is there an official site for subs/dubs like One Piece has?

vvv thank you sir vvv

rock2much fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 25, 2010

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

rock2much posted:

I haven't watched Naruto in a long time. The last fight I saw was Naruto & Kakashi vs that guy with the 4 hearts from Akatsuki. Does anyone know where that is so I can pick up on it again? Is there an official site for subs/dubs like One Piece has?

Check the OP broseph, you're lookin for the hidan&kakuzu fight, near the end of it.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I thought the movie was pretty bad, probably because every 10 seconds a character mentioned the Will of Fire™.

The action scenes were pretty good but could have been better.

The best(worst) part however was at the end where after the bad guy gets destroyed by Tengen-Toppa-Rasenshuriken, Kakashi reflects upon how he shouldn't have tried to sacrifice himself for the village and says "Honestly, the one who was really defeated here, was me" :smug:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I know it doesn't fit in with Kakashi and Naruto's will of fire or ninja way or whatever. But Tsunade and Gaara really were right on this one, assuming the original plan would have succeded.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

CubanMissile posted:

I know it doesn't fit in with Kakashi and Naruto's will of fire or ninja way or whatever. But Tsunade and Gaara really were right on this one, assuming the original plan would have succeded.

If the bad guy with the 'super speed' element hadn't just stood there going 'i cant absorb it! noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo' while Naruto slowly fell towards the ground with his fist-range attack then things might have ended quite badly indeed

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I think this movie was a bit better than the last one. It's true that each character spouting about their Will of Fire/Ninja Way every 10 seconds got old fast, but the previous movie was just as bad with them going on about "Bonds" all the time.
Also the main villain was a poor man's Orochimaru.
And has anyone noticed how in each movie, the damsel in distress develops a crush on Naruto? And the damsel in distress this time happened to be Kakashi. :v:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

New episode is out. More fun stuff, I did a little eye rolling when they made a big deal out of sakura using triage to take command of things at the hospital. You mean to tell me a doctor, or any other medical ninja at the hospital didn't know about triage? pfft.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Kingtheninja posted:

New episode is out. More fun stuff, I did a little eye rolling when they made a big deal out of sakura using triage to take command of things at the hospital. You mean to tell me a doctor, or any other medical ninja at the hospital didn't know about triage? pfft.

The only way to make Sakura look remotely competent is to make other people criminally incompetent, of course.

Also:

:downs:

Glitch
May 7, 2002

zip zip zoom
Akatsuki? Attacking our village?? What could they possibly be after??? :byodame:

Are the "council" seriously this retarded in the manga too? I can't recall ever seeing them do anything even remotely useful in the entire Naruto storyline.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I feel like it was done better in the manga. And by that, I mean I think they wondered what they were after for like, a panel instead of an entire scene. Was anyone surprised by Danzo's sudden frog murder? It was a bit more graphic than the manga but I think they pulled it off well.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Well as awesome as Kakashi is, he's about to get killed right? At least it'll be pretty sweet untill it happens

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Sakura looked pregnant in this episode.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I'm pretty sure at this point the councilors sole purpose in life is to be contrary assholes. Have they every had a good idea?

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

No.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Latest episode is now out, Pain VS Kakashi. :awesome:

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

And they hosed it up pretty badly woot. Well it's mostly a slideshow. I guess they're saving the budget for the upcoming stuff.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I don't know, I thought it was pretty awesome. They did a decent job animating it, and I'm glad they could contain the fight in one episode. The end of the episode was really good, the campfire thing was really well done.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

I guess we know one of the Fire Country's top exports now :v:

Click here for the full 1280x720 image.

Mide
Jun 2, 2009
I don't want to believe that's how Kakashi dies. He was too good of a character. It almost seems rude to have him die so quickly and only really kill one Pain. Ofcourse this makes Jarayia look more like a bad rear end. But still...

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

Mide posted:

I don't want to believe that's how Kakashi dies. He was too good of a character. It almost seems rude to have him die so quickly and only really kill one Pain. Ofcourse this makes Jarayia look more like a bad rear end. But still...

Episode spoilers:

Yeah, but they really needed to hammer home how far out of their league Pain is. He killed Jiraiya basically without breaking a sweat and this episode basically showed how even someone Kakashi was nothing more than a speed bump to him. I agree that his death is kind of sad, but it will make Naruto all the more angry.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

As badass as Kakashi is, in terms of characters like Naruto, Sasuke, Bee, Madara, Pain, he's not even in the same league. While his death was sad theres no way possible he could have lived against two pains, even with a little support Naruto is gonna be pissssssssed when he gets back.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

As short as it is, I really like this fight. It showcases a decent amount of ninja techniques, strategy, and some basic ninjutsu. Well, maybe not basic, but in a world full of Rasengans and 15 Ft. chidori blades, the bar gets raised.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Kingtheninja posted:

As short as it is, I really like this fight. It showcases a decent amount of ninja techniques, strategy, and some basic ninjutsu. Well, maybe not basic, but in a world full of Rasengans and 15 Ft. chidori blades, the bar gets raised.

The raikiri dog was pretty cool you have to admit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Reiche posted:

The raikiri dog was pretty cool you have to admit.

I'll have to watch it again, but I think the manga had better detail for the raikiri dog than the anime, as the brightness of the colors seemed to push out some of the detail in the anime. I really like how his mud wall technique didn't call for bulldog heads on it, it just looked cool :colbert:

• Locked thread