Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
The Kaguya backstory had one bit I thought was clever. How did Kaguya perform the Moon's Eye Plan before her son created the moon? By opening a portal to a parallel universe that did have a moon! Makes me wonder how that moon in the parallel universe was formed, though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The last fight between Naruto and Sasuke starts this week and from the looks of things we're pretty much done with filler now for the rest of the series, though they'll most likely start adapting the light novels as was announced prior to doing the actual finale (unless they're planning on doing them as OVAs or something).

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Larryb posted:

The last fight between Naruto and Sasuke starts this week and from the looks of things we're pretty much done with filler now for the rest of the series, though they'll most likely start adapting the light novels as was announced prior to doing the actual finale (unless they're planning on doing them as OVAs or something).

Any idea if they're using the really good animator who did the Pain fight and the first Valley of the End fight?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Reinanigans posted:

Any idea if they're using the really good animator who did the Pain fight and the first Valley of the End fight?

As far as I know, yes.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Larryb posted:

As far as I know, yes.

Yessssssssssssss

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
To think, I've been watching naruto for as long as some criminals have been incarcerated!

I'm leering at those light novels, hoping they're just OVAs and not crammed in just before the final episode.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Can someone give me an episode number of the start of the kaguya fight to its end skipping the filler I know exists between it?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
oh hey that was pretty well animated.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Who did the animation for the last half of the battle? The style/look seems kinda familiar.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
I thought I should pop in to let anyone know that is mad that Netflix doesn't have Shippuden that the official Viz Media website has a section where you can watch everything up to 475.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That was pretty well done, it lacked some of the spectacle of the first Valley of the End fight but was still good in it's own right (the hands of everyone he's met helping Naruto form the final Rasengan was kind of a nice touch). Hopefully they'll just do the light novel adaptions as OVAs rather than shoehorning them into the series (and if they do go this route I'm guessing we've got about 3 more episodes of Shippuden left at max, 2 at the least).

ed: Nope, looks like they're going to drag this show out for as long as possible. The light novel adaptions start this winter.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-02/naruto-epilogue-novels-get-tv-anime-this-winter/.104956

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 30, 2016

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Any one else notice for like 30 precious seconds they used old Naruto fight music when it got whittled down to just some good old fashioned beat downs? I miss that music.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I'm impressed, 478 was not only genuinely good but it also managed to do in one episode what Kishimoto couldn't do in 700 chapters: give a believable reason why Naruto and Sasuke could be considered friends. I'm guessing at this point we've got about one or two more episodes worth of manga-related content before we start jumping into the light novel stuff.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Light novel is supposed to be its own series, isn't it? https://myanimelist.net/anime/33778/Konoha_Shinden_Yukemuri_Ninpouchou

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Flagrama posted:

Light novel is supposed to be its own series, isn't it? https://myanimelist.net/anime/33778/Konoha_Shinden_Yukemuri_Ninpouchou

Last I heard they were just going to be part of Shippuden, but I could have misunderstood (Though honestly I'd rather they just do it as seperate thing and let the main show run its course).

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I saw a gif of Kakashi and Iruka unveiling a shitton of books to Naruto that he has to study in order to finally be a chunnin. That owned.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I saw a gif of Kakashi and Iruka unveiling a shitton of books to Naruto that he has to study in order to finally be a chunnin. That owned.

Jonin*

But yes, it was amazing. One of the best pieces of filler ever.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, the last couple episodes of Shippuden have actually been surprisingly good. Kind of wish they'd just let them stop while they're ahead rather than cramming in the light novel stuff (which starts with this week's episode apparently) but there you go.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 20, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'm kinda down for them just doing dumb shipping stories until they run out of content.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Shippuuden has now moved into the Sasuke light novel story. It's actually decent so far. Good animation and quite bloody.

It's a bit weird to jump from the original story right into the light novel with Kakashi being Hokage and all the others a bit older and in new costumes. No explanation for Naruto's new arm or anything.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Teek posted:

Shippuuden has now moved into the Sasuke light novel story. It's actually decent so far. Good animation and quite bloody.

It's a bit weird to jump from the original story right into the light novel with Kakashi being Hokage and all the others a bit older and in new costumes. No explanation for Naruto's new arm or anything.
Heh, I'm still waiting since like a year and a half ago to get back into this show. I'm planning to let it finish, then watch the manga-canon episodes, then if I want, the extra stuff. I don't want to watch things out of order just because everyone's already read how it ends.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
So Orochimaru virtually got away with everything and is now Dr. Snakes full time.

I'm not complaining, he is one of my favorite characters.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, it was one of the stranger reveals after the time skip. This most recent episode finally somewhat justifies why, with Orochimaru basically saying that because weird "monsters" do tend to crop up from time to time, he was kept alive by Konoha to counter with a weird monster of their own.

Kabuto and Sasuke at least got some what of a commutation of their sentences for good reasons(?) Kabuto got instant rehabilitation via Itachi, and immediately set out to do good with the orphanage, so I guess that counts. Sasuke helped end the war and freed everyone (after getting his poo poo wrecked).

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Well Orochimaru did summon the first four Hokage and then went and assisted the current five Kage after they got wrecked.

He played an essential role too.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
It's like they didn't learn their lesson the first time trying to control the tailed beasts.

Oh but that was a crazy space alien tricking everyone behind the scenes, that won't be happening again. Incarcerated genetic freaks are much easier to control!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well it's apparently been confirmed that a Boruto anime is going to happen, which means this series will be continuing on for at least another season. Also, how many light novels are left to go after the current Sasuke one wraps up?

beuges
Jul 4, 2005
fluffy bunny butterfly broomstick
My wife and i stopped watching during the dream sequences that went on week after week. We're thinking of picking it up again but don't want to get caught up in another never ending storyline. What's the best episode to stop at that will cover everything that's happened up to the fight, but not start getting into more side stories that will take another year to complete?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

beuges posted:

My wife and i stopped watching during the dream sequences that went on week after week. We're thinking of picking it up again but don't want to get caught up in another never ending storyline. What's the best episode to stop at that will cover everything that's happened up to the fight, but not start getting into more side stories that will take another year to complete?

Don't remember when the dream stuff ended but as far as the main plot goes the show is basically over, the only thing left to adapt is the very last chapter. At the moment they're adapting the light novels that were written after the end of the manga to fill time.

beuges
Jul 4, 2005
fluffy bunny butterfly broomstick

Larryb posted:

Don't remember when the dream stuff ended but as far as the main plot goes the show is basically over, the only thing left to adapt is the very last chapter. At the moment they're adapting the light novels that were written after the end of the manga to fill time.

Ugh, so does than mean another year of filler before the story actually comes to an end?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

beuges posted:

Ugh, so does than mean another year of filler before the story actually comes to an end?

The last chapter is like a decade later, introducing the new cast.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The end is already done. The only manga thing they need to animate is basically the Harry Potter epilogue.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Thread necropost time!

The Sasuke novel arc is done now, next week starts Shikamaru's novel arc.

In the end of Sasuke's arc he straight up Friendship-no-jutsu'd the "big" bad. I guess thats character progression? Sigh.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

For a story all about Sasuke that arc actually wasn't too bad overall. How many novels are still left to adapt now counting the Shikamaru one that starts next week?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 6, 2017

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Necro posting. I've been digging the last Sasuke filler arc, and now we are back to slice of life stuff with everyone trying to figure out what to get them for the wedding.

I'm really hoping for a bachelor party arc that involves Lee getting poo poo housed and almost causing an international incident.

Also you have Orochimaru just wandering around the Village in broad daylight played for laughs as Yamato follows him everywhere.

Also they've been using pre Shippuden music which is the best music.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Did boruto get an ongoing manga? I haven't kept up with the series since the end of the manga and that boruto special they did.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

Did boruto get an ongoing manga? I haven't kept up with the series since the end of the manga and that boruto special they did.

Technically yes but it's only being released once a month so far. There will be an anime version starting next month but I think it's going to be basically doing it's own thing rather than being an adaption of the manga (not that they have much to work with right now anyway besides a few Gaiden chapters and an adaption of the Boruto movie). So in other words, we're basically getting Naruto GT.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

On that note, here's a new trailer for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JJ2b4ZsCw0

Looks like they're using Kishimoto's art style, rather than the new guy's, which is probably for the best.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I'm cautiously optimistic about Boruto, even if I understand that it's most likely not gonna be great.

Imo, what they need to do is move away from the godslaying chakramechs and do a more lowkey story, but the chances of that actually happening are slim to none.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well they don't seem to be starting with a recap of the movie at least so that's a good sign. Also, as I kind of doubt they'd have both shows running at the same time I'm guessing Shippuden will finally start wrapping up following the current wedding arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Good time for this thread to get bumped since I just marathoned Shippuden the past two months and finally caught up this weekend. Granted, I skipped most filler.

Speaking of filler, is there any filler worth going back to watch? Last I saw was the Yuukimaru / Guren saga. I heard Kakashi's ANBU chronicles was good. Wasn't sure about everyone under infinite tsukuyomi filler though.

• Locked thread