Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Watching Naruto absolutely wreck Pain is so much fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
This is my favorite arc of the series. This is basically Naruto's coming of age moment where he basically surpasses all of his teachers and his father and basically becomes worthy of being the Hokage.

Incompl
Mar 23, 2008

God drat this is awesome.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I really liked how they showed Naruto draw Hungry Ghost's eyes and try to tag him, legit martial art stuff. Thought that was really cool.

Great ep, looking forward to seeing this arc get animated.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

BizarroAzrael posted:

I really liked how they showed Naruto draw Hungry Ghost's eyes and try to tag him, legit martial art stuff. Thought that was really cool.

Great ep, looking forward to seeing this arc get animated.

Agreed, now if they could just solve the pesky issue about the show's music and revert back to guitar wailing riffs of the original show I would be so loving happy.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Ho...ly poo poo, this episode was awesome!

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Episode blue balling hardcore. First half is just random inane bullshit then when the action starts woops were done, see ya next time!

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

My balls need relief after that ending, loving Naruto. This poo poo is so much better animated

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
I REALLY hope they don't condense this fight into one episode. If the Hidan/Kakazu fight took a few episodes, something tells me this should take a the same or more.

ipokesnails
May 28, 2007

There's no way they'll make the fight one episode, I'd say 3 minimum.

That scene with Sakura and the slug looked pretty cool, I wish more scenes were that neat:
Animated gif

Glitch
May 7, 2002

zip zip zoom
hahaha, holy poo poo. So much awesome in so little time. I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said. Any chance of an hour long budget blower on this fight?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Since I know how amazing the end of the fight is, I hope to god there is.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
New episode is out. Amazing. The toads are very funny to me, I like in particular how pa toad refers to even gamabunta as boy. Also the bit after the credits is very funny and :3: at the same time.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

It's kinda funny how here mostly everyone seems positive about the last few episodes.

Elsewhere it was just an endless shitstream of complaining about how bad the animation was for the episode for Naruto's big return...mainly because whenever Sasuke has a big fight, they blow the animation budget out bigstyle.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Anime discussion pretty much anywhere else is insufferable. Wah it doesn't have a movie budget/follow manga panel by panel/support my favorite shipping pairing

This episode had too much play by play for my tastes but otherwise, good stuff. Looking forward to next week.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Tonfa posted:

Anime discussion pretty much anywhere else is insufferable. Wah it doesn't have a movie budget/follow manga panel by panel/support my favorite shipping pairing

This episode had too much play by play for my tastes but otherwise, good stuff. Looking forward to next week.

I know exactly what you mean with the play by play. When that happened I was kind like "really? We JUST saw it." And it was decently explained when it originally happened! I am liking the little added fighting they're throwing in, though.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I love how every solution to every problem is more shadow clones.

Deadpan Science
Sep 6, 2005

by angerbeet
I liked the season 1 Naruto tactics coming back into play.

Greed
Apr 28, 2008
Oh come on, the best part of the episode was Gamaken as the bar tender.

ipokesnails
May 28, 2007

Deadpan Science posted:

The best season 1 tactic they could add in would be a kancho deathblow to one of the Pains.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"

ipokesnails posted:

The best season 1 tactic they could add in would be a kancho deathblow to one of the Pains.

I have to admit, that would be fantastic.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I came close to laughing out loud at the part where the three toads were stabbing the ground in the same area to hit Pain, so they were in the background. They all looked so bored!

I mean come on, Gamabunta isn't even looking at what he's doing.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Deadpan Science posted:

I kind of surprised myself because as soon as the rasen shuriken thingy came out of the dust cloud, I thought to myself "Man I hope that is transformation like in the zabuza ark!" and then it was. :unsmith:

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"

SpartanIV posted:

I thought to myself "Man I hope that is transformation like in the zabuza ark!" and then it was. :unsmith:

...Man, Season 1 was so win. I wish the show had been consistently as good since, but it seems like they've really watered down character interaction since Sasuke turned emo. :smith:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Nighthand posted:

I came close to laughing out loud at the part where the three toads were stabbing the ground in the same area to hit Pain, so they were in the background. They all looked so bored!

I mean come on, Gamabunta isn't even looking at what he's doing.

Yeah, but I thought he looked pretty badass here.

But not as badass as Naruto looked here.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

ipokesnails posted:

Isn't that actually in the upcoming 360/PS3 game trailer?

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
It's not really too far off base to say that the animation for this fight has been absolute poo poo. Pain is supposed to be the fastest, most powerful guy on the planet and they're animating him as this really clunky, jerky thing. Compare it to how he was animated during his fight in the Rain Village (where he was all over the place and attacking from everyside) and you'll see what I mean. They weren't even trying when animating him fighting the toads.

A part of it is that this is all the manga gave them to work with. The fight between Naruto and The Six Paths goes very quickly to Naruto vs. 'God Body' very quickly so the animators were kind of handicapped for what they had to work with.

Greed
Apr 28, 2008
Yea, for the most part the animation has been pretty lackluster but even still, the episodes have still been pretty bad rear end. I consider this the best arc of the series by far.

Glitch
May 7, 2002

zip zip zoom
Yep, that was the season 1 kickback alright. Complete with the painfully long and unneeded explanation right after it. Does the manga do these silly explanations as much as the anime does?

All in all still a pretty good episode.

ipokesnails
May 28, 2007

Glitch posted:

Does the manga do these silly explanations as much as the anime does?
Most of the time they throw a single flashback panel in the corner of a page, but there are some occasional bigger ones.

This is the extent of that particular explanation in the manga:

ipokesnails fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jun 13, 2010

Glitch
May 7, 2002

zip zip zoom
That's not really that bad then. It's just kind of annoying in the anime because they take so drat long to do it that it eats up airtime, though I guess that's kind of the point these days.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Glitch posted:

That's not really that bad then. It's just kind of annoying in the anime because they take so drat long to do it that it eats up airtime, though I guess that's kind of the point these days.

Yep. I've always felt that was the point of all the flashbacks/explanations they have; to save time and money.

This episode was awesome, but I imagine the fight scenes didn't take up as much time as they would have liked. So, they got to do something to waste a minute or two.

At least it's not quite as bad as the first season was, where they would recycle old content by flashing back to it constantly.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah until they start flashing back inside a flashback to pad time, it's fine with me.

PastaSky
Dec 15, 2009
The last few episodes have been awesome. Can't wait to see whats coming up. I love how Naruto is wrecking these pains.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Another Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD9c5KeHvqA

Looks rad, neat that it has an aerial fight between Gaara and Deidara, I assume that's a singleplayer setpiece.

Reveal at the end is a bit weird though. Why not Yoshimitsu? Or take Taki or Mitsurigi from Soul Calibur?

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

BizarroAzrael posted:

Wow, that looks really good. I can't wait to fight as Jiraiya in sage mode.

Greed
Apr 28, 2008
Oh man, it looked like you either fight with multiple Pains or can switch bodies, so sweet.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

That does look badass. Hopefully single player's not mired in all the 'do stupid fetch missions' poo poo that no one cares about.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Looks rad, neat that it has an aerial fight between Gaara and Deidara, I assume that's a singleplayer setpiece.

Reveal at the end is a bit weird though. Why not Yoshimitsu? Or take Taki or Mitsurigi from Soul Calibur?

Ninjas? In my ninja fighting game? Get the gently caress out of here. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Fantastic episode, this is the best arc. I still love the petrified frog solution, it just makes so much sense.

Also fuckin' :lol: at the omake/golden. Next week's going to be awesome.

• Locked thread