Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
What the gently caress is with the new ED? Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"

Harettazetta fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 16, 2010

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Boring, boring, boring, villain is monologuing again and---

:tviv:

I can't believe they loving NUKED the village. poo poo just got real.

I never thought that this show still had the capacity to surprise me. (Also: gently caress, this ending is incongruous.)

Harettazetta fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 27, 2010

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Teek posted:

Everyone's forgetting poor Shizune, she was also killed.

Alternately, there are people like me who were just glad. :3:

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

ipokesnails posted:

The best season 1 tactic they could add in would be a kancho deathblow to one of the Pains.

I have to admit, that would be fantastic.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

SpartanIV posted:

I thought to myself "Man I hope that is transformation like in the zabuza ark!" and then it was. :unsmith:

...Man, Season 1 was so win. I wish the show had been consistently as good since, but it seems like they've really watered down character interaction since Sasuke turned emo. :smith:

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

That does look badass. Hopefully single player's not mired in all the 'do stupid fetch missions' poo poo that no one cares about.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Oh no they didn't. :ohdear:

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Seriously, this is making it very hard for me not to jump ahead via the manga - I've never actually found myself anticipating a new Naruto episode as much as this arc has made me.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Animation was poo poo and felt really out of place. Also, I thought I was watching Naruto, not Bleach.

Still a great episode.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Mr. Deathy posted:

Man the replies here are more like the other anime forums than I thought.

Like as in some people saying "the animation was poo poo" which is fundamentally wrong. The animation was outstanding no matter how you look at it. It's the ART quality which is questionable, but that is stylistic choice on the director's part. It's intentional. People can feel free not to like it of course, but they can't claim the fluid animation is bad without coming off sounding like an idiot.

The artistic style was an extreme departure that really didn't belong in this series, and was therefore poo poo.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Indiana_Krom posted:

especially the upcoming year-ish of Sasuke BS that awaits at the end of this fight.

As an anime-only viewer, you have just made me very happy. Oh so happy. :suicide:

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Yes, but those episodes looked pretty horrible, too. I dunno, really just not sold on the art style and I wish it would stop rearing its malformed, hideous head.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

I reiterate - great episode. Silly art. If anything, though, I was hoping that Naruto actually would rip off the seal, because then he might actually become a more dynamic character.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

I normally hate in-episode recap, but that was pretty nice.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Well, that just goes without saying.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Really, anyone interested in Sasuke at this point in the game are the dregs of humanity.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

I hate to say it gang, but it looks like the filler is going to continue into january. Going by the latest wikipedia episode titles, it might come back at the end of that month, but who knows.

Do not trust to hope. It has forsaken this series. :(

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

SPOILERS GUYS

Why do we watch this show

Harettazetta fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jan 5, 2011

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

I'd argue that his cast is too big. I'm by no means a Sakura fan, but I feel like we haven't seen her get much plot love since.. like, what, the whole Sasori thing? I can only see Naruto sperg out about Sasuke so much.

Raikage basically echoing my sentiments in this episode was nice.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Soviets posted:

Honestly, I am a Sakura fan, and I wish she would get more plot-love.

Hoo boy. Then you'll like 201 probably just as much if not more than I did. :D

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Having actual character growth for a change is extremely refreshing.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Slave posted:

201 *stands there crying the entire episode*

Well, yes. But... it was nice for a change for her to realize the impact of her actions. And really, for the last several episodes to be about smacking people off the Sasuke train. None of the ways that's been done so far were as satisfying as the way Sai delivered it. 201

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Ha. The Shikamaru ones are so amazingly terrible.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

I'm hoping for a verbal smackdown. Somehow though, I bet it's just going to end with Sakura crying again.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Well, that was officially the strangest exchange ever. 500-some episodes and I still don't understand these characters, apparently.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Didn't Naruto summon Gamabunta the first time in mid-air after Jiraiya pushed him into a canyon?

Just so.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Angry Grimace posted:

I wonder how many times I've actually seen, through flashbacks, Itachi's "hate me, cling to life" speech. Probably literally 30+

That seems a conservative estimate.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Babysitting Gaara is not a valid way of Ninja.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Lately, Naruto for me has been about five minutes long without the odd, pace-crushing (and often fillery) flashbacks. Bless the fast forward button.

• Locked thread