Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I thought it was awesome. So what if it was a departure from the usual artistic style, Shippuuden and its usual artistic style is boring as hell.

The only bad part about it is that other episodes are going to seem that much more boring and slow in comparison, especially the upcoming year-ish of Sasuke BS that awaits at the end of this fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
This episode was nearly as bad as piss rainbows. The gags were recycled almost as much as the animation and the plot also skipped around like they didn't finish the script in time for production. I think this is easily the lowest quality shippuuden episode yet, but it is also well into "so bad its good" territory.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Slave posted:

Arcs can be quite good, it's the one-off "ugh I guess we better come up with something to do this week" stories that are terrible. The recent Tenten weapon factory one in particular was just awful in art and story and everything. Even if you ignore the fact that it focused on Tenten.

I think the worst one recently was 185 "Animal District". It had the boxing kangaroos that fought lee, the ant eater and carnivorous plants that kept foiling Shino and ostrich that randomly started talking halfway through the episode.

Some of the jokes were kinda funny but the plot just jumped forward randomly skipping stuff. It felt like it was written via: "Well lets do an episode about ninja animals, anyone have any ideas?" and then they took 6 or 7 of them and taped them together in no particular order and called it an episode.

Its so bad it actually starts to be pretty funny so I guess it earns a pass after all, unlike the Tenten episode.

Indiana_Krom fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 4, 2011

• Locked thread