Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AshB
Sep 16, 2007
I thought the animation as fine and don't know what you're all complaining about. The bigger crime here was the dialogue. It felt even more mindnumbingly bad than in the manga for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
I was referring more to Pain going on and on and on about peace. It was really lovely in the manga and even shittier in the anime.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
The art style was bad, and I thought the end of the episode was directed way better than the rest of it.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007

Not In Charleston posted:

A departure in art style does not mean it was poo poo. Out of place, maybe, but not poo poo. They've used this exact style three other times, anyway, so it's really nothing new. This and those other three are my favorite episodes of the series, and I wish they had the resources to do EVERY fight like those ones, personally. Honestly, I couldn't give less of a poo poo if characters are "on model" or not. My favorite series/movies tend to depart from that rigid ideal... (Gurren Lagann, FLCL, Mindgame, Kaiba, etc.)

Even if they have used this style before--and I recall they did during the big Naruto vs. Sasuke battle at the end of part 1--this was the ugliest I've seen it. That part where Pain turned into an inhuman blob was terrible.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007

Not In Charleston posted:

Naruto vs. Sasuke:

Sasuke vs. Orochimaru:

All from the same animation director. 167 doesn't look much uglier/goofier than these two episodes under this level of scrutiny.

Uhhh none of those are anywhere near as bad as this:

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
It's like they were moving so fast the artist tried to draw a vague resembling figure as fast as he could just to portray it!

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
I like these fast-paced episodes too, but the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight at least made the characters look like some semblance of human beings rather than blobs of liquid. This episode's art was pretty atrocious and I don't really see why someone would defend that. The animation was great, yup, but the art is perfectly sensible to complain about.

AshB fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 4, 2010

AshB
Sep 16, 2007

Mr. Crow posted:

Anything that has 500 episodes is essentially perpetual filler. It won't ever end and when it does it will be sudden and ungratifying. It can't progress as a story or as characters in any meaningful way and it's just otherwise horrible, by virtue of being 500 episodes.

Sorry.

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. Either read One Piece and then say that, or shut up.

Is there a Shippuden episode this week?

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
My mistake on that, but my point stands: you can't call something "perpetual filler" and make dumb generalizations if you refuse to watch a counter-example that has pretty clear story progression. Even more recent filler (which was minimal and in short bursts), was just canon material the author didn't have time to put in the manga.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
Sage Mode made him at least 10 times better in every way compared to when he's not in Sage Mode. Maturity and diminished whining included.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
Is there any legal reason they couldn't use the old music for Shippuden or was it just a bad creative decision?

AshB
Sep 16, 2007

Slave posted:

Welp at least characters of consequence were dead for a little while, I knew that was too renegade to last. They could have at least left Hinata dead for a little while if there is going to be some ridiculous mass ressurection

Everyone released their bowels but is hiding it. It's a fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AshB
Sep 16, 2007

Pyrotoad posted:

And Naruto with 'Distance': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpx5301e4H8&feature=related

I'm fairly sure the other characters have them too.

I'm pretty impressed by the Naruto one since it's a female voice actress trying to maintain his voice while singing. Cool

• Locked thread