Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Exquisite Dead Guy
Oct 27, 2007
The animation was great. A bit goofy at points, sure, but fluid and fun to watch. They need to do MORE of that poo poo. The animation is usually boring as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exquisite Dead Guy
Oct 27, 2007
A departure in art style does not mean it was poo poo. Out of place, maybe, but not poo poo. They've used this exact style three other times, anyway, so it's really nothing new. This and those other three are my favorite episodes of the series, and I wish they had the resources to do EVERY fight like those ones, personally. Honestly, I couldn't give less of a poo poo if characters are "on model" or not. My favorite series/movies tend to depart from that rigid ideal... (Gurren Lagann, FLCL, Mindgame, Kaiba, etc.)

Exquisite Dead Guy
Oct 27, 2007

AshB posted:

Even if they have used this style before--and I recall they did during the big Naruto vs. Sasuke battle at the end of part 1--this was the ugliest I've seen it.

Naruto vs. Sasuke:

Sasuke vs. Orochimaru:

All from the same animation director. 167 doesn't look much uglier/goofier than these two episodes under this level of scrutiny.

Exquisite Dead Guy fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 2, 2010

Exquisite Dead Guy
Oct 27, 2007

Harettazetta posted:

Yes, but those episodes looked pretty horrible, too.

Then in my opinion you have bad taste in animation. Watch old Loony Toons shorts and you'll see the same sort of distortion and warping for the sake of being more expressive. I personally think it beats the stagnant, flat, dull anime norm.

I'm an animation fan first, an "anime" fan (the good stuff, anyway) second, and a Naruto fan third. I don't care if it looked a bit silly, I had a smile on my face throughout. As opposed to my usual "This is boring. Why am I even watching Naruto anymore?"

• Locked thread