Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Thank you for this. This is the best fight in the series, and it was great to see it animated. TWO fatal blows, man, poo poo is awesome.

EDIT: Man, there is no way to make Amaterasu look good.

I dunno, Jiraiya vs. Pain is pretty much phenomenal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I'm OK with Kakashi dieing but they really should have made the fight more epic if that was the case... the fight was awesome until all of a sudden that happened, then I was :(. The most interesting character in the show shouldn't die have half an episodes worth of a fight be his last.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Episode blue balling hardcore. First half is just random inane bullshit then when the action starts woops were done, see ya next time!

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Man, I've been waiting for the next episode for sooooo long, next Thursday can't come fast enough.

Also it's funny some of the fights in that game trailer look better then the anime.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Probably one of the best single episodes of anime I've watched, loved it. Like non-stop fighting.

Of course I don't watch as many of the good anime lately (26-50ish episode stuff) and mostly just watch the juggernaut 5000 episode poo poo thats overall pretty average; so my memory is pretty hazy on the good stuff.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Bloody Pancreas posted:

I liked the animation in that episode too gently caress the haters

Pretty much this. The only legitametly bad animating was his face when he summoned the water or whatever when it basically melted and he opened the arc of the covenant.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Kingtheninja posted:

Watch one piece, but stay far away from bleach.

Better yet, don't watch any anime that has more then 70 episodes. They're all loving horrible pieces of poo poo. Watch something thats actually good, like Full Metal Alchemist or The Last Exile or the Hellsing OVAs etc. etc.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Taratang posted:

I feel sorry for anyone that hasn't watched One Piece and that's coming up to it's 500th episode.

Anything that has 500 episodes is essentially perpetual filler. It won't ever end and when it does it will be sudden and ungratifying. It can't progress as a story or as characters in any meaningful way and it's just otherwise horrible, by virtue of being 500 episodes.

Sorry.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Is Luffy or whatever the Pirate King yet? If not it's loving garbage. If so then I guess I'll give it a try.

And I don't even know what you're talking about counter-examples no one has posted anything.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

tsob posted:

Stories can only be an arbitrary length that you personally decide on nowadays? Thanks for the headsup. Give me a pm the next next time you gain control over an idea like this though will ya? I like to be kept in the loop.

Why are you even posting in a thread for a medium you consider garbage with no possibility of redemption in your mind out of interest?

The point is there is no story if it's that long. Hence filler. And all I originally said was don't bother with the freaking huge anime's, you get strung along by hundreds of lovely episodes with a few good episodes thrown in every once in a while to keep you coming back. I've already had the misfortune of starting Bleach and Naruto I was just trying to help the guy not make the same mistake and point him to something worth watching, that actually has a compelling story, action, character development and doesn't take 10 years to play out when it could have taken 10 months.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Zexerous posted:

edit: NO BAD ZEX DO NOT BITE.

I'll say: watch Naruto.

I'll say, anyone with half a brain agree's with him :colbert:

But anyway enough derailing.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Tonfa posted:

Having a vital canon plot point in an episode that had an entirely filler preview and episode title is psyduck-worthy.

Looks like they'll be retreading the Land of Waves in the filler part. Hopefully no more than that. Though I must say the addition of Kakashiface made the classroom scenes worth it. :kakashi:

Care to spoiler the plot point for those of us who don't give a poo poo to watch filler?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Wait did Tsunade (however the gently caress you spell it) die? Or is she stepping down? I can't even remember now to be honest I just remember her being conspicuously absent from the last non-filler episode where they were praising him and whatnot.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Holy balls the flashbacks in the last several episodes :psyduck: this poo poo is ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

-Blackadder- posted:

Just out of curiosity has the last coffin member been revealed in the manga yet?

I'm pretty sure it's Madara's corpse.

• Locked thread