Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!
The animation in the Planetary Devastation episode distinctly reminded me of FLCL.

And for that, I am thankful. Shippuden is entertainment. This episode, it was art.

EDIT: So gently caress all you haters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

People are posting more about this single episode than any previous. I would consider the animation a resounding success for this reason if nothing else. Rest assured, I won't forget this episode anytime soon, even if they change directors again.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Harettazetta posted:

I reiterate - great episode. Silly art. If anything, though, I was hoping that Naruto actually would rip off the seal, because then he might actually become a more dynamic character.
I'm pretty surehe would've just become the physical manifestation of the nine-tails and been lost as an individual in the process.The way they appear to be playing it out will probably be much better for character development.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thank God they released the next Naruto episode. I wasn't as concerned about seeing the next episode as seeing all the One Piece fans to shut up and get this thread back on track.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Cbouncerrun posted:

Yeah don't worry, you'll see much more of Zetsu soon as well.
Right now I'm trying to figure out what wacky reasoning or technique they'll have for his return, regeneration or whatever after the Raikage crushed his windpipe.

Either way, episode 202 was great and I'm actually looking forward to watching the show every week instead of just struggling through it.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

I think at this point, formal ninja titles don't mean squat. It was a bigger deal back in Naruto-land, but in Shippuden, it's all about power levels and secret jutsu. Though it would be neat to see Naruto put an end to all the crap he got way back when, we all know what rank he's headed for. Besides that, there shouldn't be anyone in the village that even thinks they have a chance of loving with him.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

I think the best way I can describe Sasuke is as an emo kid who actually has the power to do something about his indescribable pain that you know nothing about. Frankly, I find him pretty two dimensional.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Welp, I officially hate Sakura. Seriously, she actually has to debate whether she'd first provide medical attention to Naruto or Sasuke on the battlefield?!

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Slave posted:

I really want to know what was in that last coffin. My brother suggested it might be the sage of the six paths or his sharingan son because what else could make Madara react like that
I think it's Hashirama Senju, the first hokage. Just guessing.

Edit: Disregard the above. This happened a long time ago in a different arc. My mistake. You're probably right, Slave.

Francis Baconator fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

uG posted:

Why would Madara think Kabuto is a mad man for resurrecting The Sage? At this point the sage is just another guy with a rinnegan, so what if he was the first?

Reiche posted:

The Sage was definitely a hell of a lot more powerful. Pain's chibaku tensei was a pretty big chunk of rock but the Sage made one this size of the moon (I'm gonna go ahead and assume he did make the moon). He was also strong enough to be the jinchuuriki for the juubi and that's what Madara so desperately wants to resurrect.
Well-said. :golfclap:

• Locked thread