Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

AshB posted:

I thought the animation as fine and don't know what you're all complaining about. The bigger crime here was the dialogue. It felt even more mindnumbingly bad than in the manga for some reason.

The manga was just like 2 pages IIRC.

Oh hey Hinata's here. "Naruto I love you". Oh look she's charging Pain. Welp that didn't end well

Dexo fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 24, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SpartanIV posted:

Think of it this way: When you have a girl over what is she more likely to see, a big bookcase full of Naruto manga or a folder deeply hidden within the bowels of your computer? :colbert:

If a girl can't at least accept that I enjoy what pretty much amounts to Comic books then that's not a girl I want to be with.
:goonsay:

Alternate Answer: I have :filez: of Manga as well.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Anonymous Zebra posted:

I'm glad the crap animation from 2 weeks ago didn't continue into this one. What a weird rear end week that was.

Art :eng101:. The Animation was some of the best you will ever see in a weekly TV show.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Shrug. It's filler being made to tie into a movie.

Kinda like the Kakashi Gaiden stuff they randomly tossed into the middle of the Sasuke arc last year. Only less Kakashi Gaiden and more Minato related filler which probably isn't going to be as good.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Anonymous Zebra posted:

What an odd place to stick it though. This is literally the middle of the plot arch.

Same with Kakashi Gaiden. People just didn't care because well they had been waiting to see it animated for ever.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

Ninja Storm 2 trailer from GamesCom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0ijKvXFBGs

Demo out August 25. Killer B confirmed but only in the form of a punching bag for other characters. Lots of really cool set-pieces as you would expect. Gameplay looks a lot like the Gamecube games.

Wait...Bee isn't loving playable...But Karin is what sense does that make...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Crunkjuice posted:

I think it would be pretty funny if they had a light hearted filler episode of him just wrecking the chunnin exam singlehandedly.

That is the one thing I have been hoping for from the manga ever since Part 2 started. Naruto Killua'ing a Chunnin Exam.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

-Blackadder- posted:

Well, I'm thinking about reading ahead in the Manga. Without spoilers, is there anything really interesting coming up immediately that I should wait to see animated?

Unlike, I think, a lot of people I've never really been able to get into the Manga of any of these shows. The panel reading direction always throws me off and it just ends up feeling like I'm reading an extended written spoiler version of the show. But I don't have anything better to do and I thought I saw it mentioned in a few places that the story isn't very good post-Pain for a long time so I might as well.

Can someone, without actually spoiling anything, tell me how good the next arcs are? If they're worth waiting to see animated etc. How they stack up to previous arcs and the like?

Off the top of my head the only thing that I'd be worried about spoiling myself on by reading the Manga is the (and I'm not even if this has happened yet) prospect of Sasuke walking in to Konoha and confronting everyone and getting some pay back for the despicable things that were done to his brother/clan. He's got a legitimate beef and I'm interested to see how that's resolved.

I personally think the upcomming arc is pretty good. As it further shows Sasuke's Descent into batshit insanity. But if you hate even the thought of Sasuke or Naruto not wanting to Kill Sasuke then like others you will probably hate it.

Also "A Cave-in born of HATRED™"(It's really a Pity that that won't be superimposed into the Anime

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

-Blackadder- posted:

This has been bugging me. I'm trying to remember an episode I saw where Konohamaru and his crew each do kind of like an individual introduction pose and say a few lines about what great ninja they are. I wish I could remember more but that's it. I can't even remember if it was from part 1 or 2. Anyway, anyone know which episode I'm talking about?

If I could find a list of all the episodes where Konohamaru appeared I could probably track it down that way as well.

If I ever need to find something from a specific Episode or chapter for some reason I go here

http://leafninja.com/anime-1.php

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Beautiful Ninja posted:

I want a new Chuunin Exam filler. He can team up with Konohamaru as Team Rasengans The gently caress Out Of Everyone. We can't be left with Naruto being made to get Tenten sandwiches since she's higher ranked.

I have wanted that ever since Part 2.

Naruto Killua'ing a Chunnin Exam.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ninja Politics: The Episode

But seriously. God Kishimoto is amazing at world building. It's a pity that he has trouble when focusing on the main character(s)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

ff7cid posted:

This episode has gotten me really excited for what's to come (don't read the manga, so it's all new to me!). I also liked all the new characters introduced, particularly the members from the hidden mist. Can anyone spoiler whether or not we get to see them do anything? I must know.

Yes. Pretty much all of them will do something if not in this arc then the awesome arc that follows from the events of this one.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

:allears: Only 2 episodes away from Cave-ins of Hatred.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

To be fair without Karin, Sasuke would have probably been dead ages ago. She's like Ninja radar. He would have never found anyone he needed to find without her. In a fight yes useless. But she is significantly more useful than Sakura in most cases.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

God. The Sharingarm looks even more ridiculous in animation than it did in the Manga

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Pyrotoad posted:

Apparently a new OVA has been released; it takes place pre-timeskip (so Sasuke's around and not a colossal dick just yet) and seems to centre around a genie with three wishes Team 7 finds at the beach.

:stare: What's the point of something like that? Really.

:10bux:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

CubanMissile posted:

I still love how Itachi knew way back when that Sasuke would listen and follow any villain he spoke to. Itachi was the best. Dewey Cox's father should just follow Sasuke around all day repeating the "wrong kid died." line over and over again.

For some reason I have a feeling Itachi has pretty much preplanned this entire series. Or at least any plot relating to Madara.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Koirhor posted:

So for those of you who are reading ahead, is it looking like Naruto is gonna get wrapped up anytime soon?

The Madara/Sasuke/Kabuto story arc is probably going to be over in the manga in about two years. Kishimoto could probably find someway to extend it after that or he could end it. I have a feeling it ends in about 3 years but who knows. All I really want to see before the series is over is Naruto destroying a Chunnin exam by himself. But that's unlikely. He will probably just get promoted straight to Hokage or something without ever being more than a Genin.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Slave posted:

Hmmm if both seriously injured and under my care at the same time, do I save my best friend and hero who saved our people and holder of our tailed beast or the guy who is actively trying to kill us all and just tried to kill me? What a bizarrely specific and not-foreshadowing-at-all dilemma for our heroine to ponder!

I really want to know what was in that last coffin. My brother suggested it might be the sage of the six paths or his sharingan son because what else could make Madara react like that

It's filler.

Technically proper triage would be to heal the guy who doesn't have a regeneration factor due to being a demon container.

But mostly it's just anime made up filler, so It's not really foreshadowing anything

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Rip Neji

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Arrgytehpirate posted:

But...but... Naruto still hasn't turned into a full on fox or killed Sasuke or become number one Hogkage.

And Sakura is still worthless as gently caress

And I still haven't seen Kakashi backstory episodes.

drat YOU NETFLIX ADDING INCOMPLETE SERIES

Naruto ends there. Start watching Shippuden now. All you need to know is that Naruto goes trains with Jiraiya for 2.5 years. Kakashi's flashback is in Shippuden.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Larryb posted:

Unfortunately, the show is popular and they seem to want to drag it out as long as possible, hence the reason why we're still getting filler long after the manga is over.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make a sequel series afterward without much involvement from its creator similar to what they did with Dragon Ball way back when. Granted, GT was terrible but I doubt that'd stop them from trying.

I'm like 80% sure the big announcement they are making before the Boruto Movie launches is that they are going to be making a full time Boruto anime with maybe some story outlines from Kishimoto.

Kinda like what Toriyama is doing with Super.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

They are probably gonna try and stretch this series until they can get the Boruto manga(if that does well anyway, it probably won't...) in the same time slot.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

oh hey that was pretty well animated.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I'm kinda down for them just doing dumb shipping stories until they run out of content.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Torrannor posted:

I was a bit hopeful that they would at least start with a more low-key stuff, since Boruto isn't exactly a genius, but the latest chapter of the Boruto manga was a bit concerning in that regard. We'll just have to see how it goes.

It seems like the Manga and the anime are doing their own thing. In which case the Anime is hopefully going to be the way to go. Because that grimdark Manga poo poo was always the worst for Naruto. Always better when it's just the characters goofing around interacting around low level to medium level threats rather than giant world ending threats with super powered beings.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I hope the Bort Anime animates all of the lead up to the first movie.

Sarada Gaiden was super dumb fun. The big bad was p much Tenten only with a Sharingan.

Sakura's life and relationship with Sasuke is *Chef's kiss*

Just gonna leave this here.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Look up Iruka's numbers if you want a laugh.

• Locked thread