Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Glitch posted:

That's not really that bad then. It's just kind of annoying in the anime because they take so drat long to do it that it eats up airtime, though I guess that's kind of the point these days.

Yep. I've always felt that was the point of all the flashbacks/explanations they have; to save time and money.

This episode was awesome, but I imagine the fight scenes didn't take up as much time as they would have liked. So, they got to do something to waste a minute or two.

At least it's not quite as bad as the first season was, where they would recycle old content by flashing back to it constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Captain_duck posted:

Hinata is dead finally, whoohoo!. I hate hinata, but they did that very touching.

gently caress that. Her death was so quick and padded out with flash backs and back story that her fight scene felt really underwhelming. I was hoping to see how her fighting style has developed. That won't be happening now. :smith:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

XR Tango posted:

Holy poo poo, this was the most massive let down of an episode possible.

I really don't care if people like the art style and liken it to other animes, to me it look like it was drawn mid 80's, and it totally went against normal shipuuden animation. Pain was almost unrecognisable between frames in parts, and wtf is it with the extreme closeups of his teeth/gums, where the hell did that come from?

gently caress the haters? gently caress the lovers. That poo poo wasn't naruto anime.

Uh-huh.

Frankly, I don't see where you're coming from. "OH NO THE ART WAS A LITTLE DIFFERENT." gently caress you. The action was awesome, the continued expansion on the Nine-Tail's\Pain's powers was awesome, and the cliff hanger showing the fourth Hokage? Awesome.

This is the best episode of Naruto yet. No loving flash backs, no long scenes of talking, back story or explanations of obvious poo poo. Just pure awesome action with powers that aren't stupid as gently caress.

It may have not been the best animated episode, but it sure as gently caress was the best written one.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Greed posted:

Episode is out

FALCON DAD PUNCHHHH

Just watched it.

It was very meh.

Also, apparently the next episode has been leaked. Though not subbed yet.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Tonfa posted:

How do you leak an episode :psyduck: I understand scanlations but how does this work

Apparently, TV Tokyo accidentally aired episode 169 a week or so back. It wasn't so much a leak as a complete accidental early airing.

ipokesnails posted:

:ughh:

Don't ever change, Japan.

My Linux Rig fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jul 16, 2010

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

Oh, that's just what Naruto needs, more pre-timeskip filler. And here I thought we were done with that three years ago, silly me.

Gotta keep the series going for as long as possible! :v:

Though, I agree. This is complete bullshit, and I probably won't even bother to watch those episodes.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Zexerous posted:

Exactly. I want to hear someone's reasoning over this.

Is it really going to star Minato? From what I've seen of the preview, it's going to star Naruto, Sasuke and whoever as their younger selves.

If it focuses a lot more on Minato than younger Naruto, I'll watch it. But I've had my fill of filler Naruto episodes. Not to mention that at this point, they can't really surprise us too much as far as action goes. We pretty much know what younger Naruto's powers are at this point, not to mention the rest of his team.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

ipokesnails posted:

Generally, but not always (5MB gif)
I wouldn't consider that a good example. The whole blowing-bubbles power was particularly absurd.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Kingtheninja posted:

It's funny, You'd think the low point would be an episode titled "Team Ten-ten". You'd think that, but you'd be wrong. next episode: Capture that ostrich!

What?! FFS, are they gearing up to end this series and start a new one? This seems awfully familiar to the long series of filler episodes at the end of the Original Naruto series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Luff posted:

The newest episode (196) is the last one of the fillers :)

Don't know if it was good or not, because I don't watch fillers.

No. It wasn't.

Also: Yes! End of the filler episodes! :woop:

• Locked thread