Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Shameless copypaste from wikipedia of the next episode titles:

185 "Animal District"
November 11, 2010

186 "Ah, Medicinal Pill of Youth"
November 18, 2010

189 "Sasuke's Paw Encyclopedia"
December 2, 2010

190 "Naruto and the Old Soldier"
December 9, 2010

So we can assume Team Guy (:v:), and possibly a Sasuke-centric episode (:suicide:)

edit: what interests me is the gap between the 18th and the 2nd. Is that when the next movie comes out or something?

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 11, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
edit: Link removed, thanks for the tip H.R. Hufflepuff. (I've got the next DVD boxset on order, and I have pretty much every volume so far; I'd like to think I'm not a thieving scumbag :ohdear:)

Okay, so the joke ending after the next episode preview is actually pretty funny. The rest is pretty much garbage unless you like Shino getting screentime.

Also ninja ostrich.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Nov 12, 2010

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Wow, this latest episode was better then I expected. The fight scene is well animated and pretty cool too. Looks like the next episode brings back that wierd lipstick frog again for genjutsu training.

Is anyone else wierded out by the timeline? Last episode and in the preview for next episode, Sasuke had left, but this one has him still in hospital.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Today's episode is worth watching solely for the white fluffy cat ears that Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto and Itachi wear to speak to the cats.

Also Sasuke was a little brat back then. PI would have a field day with him.

:swoon: So many kitties!

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

IUG posted:

Skipped the last episode with the bird, and this is reason enough to skip watching this episode too.

But it's so hilariously stupid :ohdear:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
:siren: Trailer for the next Shippuden movie! :siren:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpxxhJLYA0M

Looks like a remake of the Pain arc.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
:siren:Something interesting!:siren:

edit: *Link removed for spoilers I didn't catch before; sorry guys! Search Sage Naruto vs Sasuke (Naruto Shippuden OVA) on youtube if you really want to see it*

Quote/Spoilers within: This Naruto Shippuden OVA (Original Video Animation) was given to the first 5,000 people who bought a newly released Naruto T-Shirt. The OVA, which is 6 minutes in total, shows glimpses of Naruto and Sasuke having what could be their final fight (however, if you read the manga, this is not very likely) whilst showing flashbacks of everything they have been through. This is all set to the music track that's going to be the new ending theme of Naruto Shippuden.

I love the animation in this, I have to say.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 3, 2011

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Luff posted:

That video contains at least a couple of spoilers, so people who don't read the manga might not want to watch it.

Really? Oh wait, the ending part; I completely forgot about that. Should I remove the link? Someone who isn't a stupid newbie like me please give judgement :ohdear:

Link removed, sorry for my lack of foresight.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 3, 2011

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Episode titles until the end of January.

193 "The Man Who Died Twice"
January 6, 2011

194 "The Worst Three-Legged Race"
January 13, 2011

195 "Cooperation, Team 10"
January 20, 2011

196 "Rush Into the Darkness"
January 27, 2011

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Kingtheninja posted:

"I see you!"

edit: Seriously, flip her head upside down and it'll look just like that sasuke pic.

You mean this one?

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Then again, that episode was one of the earliest to have awesome animation, so I like letting this one wierd frame slide.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Tonfa posted:

The Worst Show :negative:

The preview for that episode suggests an animation budget that should be saved for canon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5Yf-lliWlw

No spoiler tags because it's freaking filler. It also looks like an attempt to shill Sasuke if the smirking from Naruto is anything to go by - look guys they learned teamwork so they were totally best friends :downs: (even though they were only on the same team for what, three months before Sasuke left?)

193 is a waste of time; moreso, at least. Even if you like filler, skip it.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 6, 2011

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Harettazetta posted:

Why do we watch this show

Glitch posted:

Sadly, this show has sort of become a weekly tradition of sorts for me such that I'd probably still continue watching it even if every episode from here on out was a pee rainbow episode. It's kind of weird being nostalgic for something that you never really got away from, but there you go. At least they're using some of the old school music again that I've missed.

This, and also because while I'm not a fan of Sasuke, I DO love his voice actor so that gets me through the fillers. Noriaki Sugiyama :swoon: (apparently voted best male tsundere voice in anime - don't know what that says about Sasuke but whatever.)

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I'm going to assume nobody will watch 194.

So enjoy some out of context preview pictures!

Click here for the full 1019x573 image.

Click here for the full 1019x574 image.

Click here for the full 1021x573 image.

:gay:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Graviija posted:

I have to admit, if all of Sasuke attacks from this point onward were all "Sasuke Punch" or "Sasuke Kick" or "Sasuke Fireball," I'd forgive the character for a lot of poo poo. Because that's hilarious.

Goofy Sasuke is always the best Sasuke.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Mufreesboro posted:

No. It wasn't.

Also: Yes! End of the filler episodes! :woop:

That bit where Sasuke goes crazy on the fillain was pretty creepy though (he's covered in blood and you don't get to see the guy's face aftewards :gonk:), I'll give it that.

Also, Naruto disguises himself as Sasuke and comes up with awesome moves like 'Sasuke Kick!'.

Apparently the next two episodes are a special, though one of them doesn't have a title.

Episode titles until Feb 24:

"The Sixth Hokage Danzo"
February 10, 2011

"TBA"
February 10, 2011

"Enter the Five Kage"
February 17, 2011

"Naruto's Appeal"
February 24, 2011

And for those who still watch the dub, airdates up to Feb 23rd:

66 "Revived Souls"
February 2, 2011

67 "Everyone's Struggle to the Death"
February 9, 2011

68 "Moment of Awakening"
February 16, 2011

69 "Despair"
February 23, 2011

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Episodes and airdates from March 10th to April 7th:

202 "Racing Lightning"
March 10, 2011

203 "Sasuke's Ninja Way" :v:
March 17, 2011

204 "The Five Kage's Power"
March 24, 2011

205 "Declaration of War"
March 31, 2011

206 "Sakura's Feelings" :suicide:
April 7, 2011

Dub episodes and airdates from March 2nd to April 13th:

70 "Resonance"
March 2, 2011

71 "My Friend"
March 9, 2011

72 "The Quietly Approaching Threat"
March 16, 2011

73 "Akatsuki's Invasion"
March 23, 2011

74 "Under the Starry Sky"
March 30, 2011

75 "The Old Monk's Prayer"
April 6, 2011

76 "The Next Step"
April 13, 2011

It'll be interesting to see how the dub translates Hidan. I wonder who his, Yugito's and Kakuzu's VAs are?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Apparently there was a soundtrack released a while ago that had alternate versions of the anime openings and endings on it.

Sasuke with 'Kimi Monogatari': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2r7zLUCj_o
Sakura with 'Yura Yura': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_kFnAIMvzU&feature=related
Kakashi with 'R*O*C*K*S': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1jOCwi3Nk0&feature=related
And Naruto with 'Distance': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpx5301e4H8&feature=related

I'm fairly sure the other characters have them too.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
It's very odd hearing Sasuke's voice without his monotone. His VA actually sings pretty well. (Also apparently voiced Bloo from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends' Japanese dub. Huh)

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I just realised that Kurenai's Dub VA is Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, also known as the singer of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4rXbSnk2ng (Room of Angel, SH4). I wonder who else in the dubcast can sing...

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

razamataza posted:

Big eyes... in anime?

The eyes in Naruto are actually pretty restrained in size.

Unlike say, this unfortunate Chihuahua of a girl. (linked for huge)

Episode titles and airdates up to May 26

"Danzo's Right Arm"
"Danzō no Migiude" (ダンゾウの右腕) April 28, 2011

"The Forbidden Ocular Jutsu"
"Kinjirareta Dōjutsu" (禁じられた瞳術) May 5, 2011

"Danzo Shimura"
"Shimura Danzō" (志村ダンゾウ) May 12, 2011

"Sakura's Resolve"
"Sakura no Kakugo" (サクラの覚悟) May 19, 2011

"Lost Bonds"
"Ushinawareta Kizuna" (失われた絆) May 26, 2011

Quick note for people who haven't watched the Shippuden dub: you should, it's starting the Hidan/Kakuzu arc now and Hidan's VA is amazing.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 27, 2011

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Soviets posted:

That little curved line... Is that... Is that her mouth?

Yes, and that dot is her nose.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Apparently a new OVA has been released; it takes place pre-timeskip (so Sasuke's around and not a colossal dick just yet) and seems to centre around a genie with three wishes Team 7 finds at the beach.

:stare: What's the point of something like that? Really.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Kingtheninja posted:

Don't forget the episode where sasuke-kun~ had to wear cat ears. Also Can I get some Demon Wig love in this filler discussion?

The dub of that arc was like a VA reunion of Ed, Roy and Lust. It was pretty cool.

Also, the dub has reached the first few episodes after Asuma's death. I forgot how well done the opening scene (when Shikamaru tells Kurenai) to 82 was.

And those cat ears were adorable :colbert:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

razamataza posted:

e: Sounds like they got the terrible English voice acting spot on too.

Them's fightin' words :colbert:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Slave posted:

I am stunned that Karin seems to have accepted reality for what it is; I was convinced she was going to take Inos place in the Ino-Sakura Sasuke Stalker Rivals Society.

And this is why Karin is the best kunoichi :colbert:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Next three episodes and airdates:

218 "The Five Great Nations Mobilize"
June 30, 2011

219 "The Hokage Kakashi Hatake"
July 7, 2011

220 "The Great Toad's Prediction"
July 21, 2011

Dub episodes and airdates:

84 "Kakuzu's Abilities"
June 25, 2011

85 "The Terrifying Secret"
July 2, 2011

86 "Shikamaru's Genius"
July 9, 2011

87 "When You Curse Someone, You Dig Your Own Grave"
July 16, 2011

88 "Wind Style: Rasen Shuriken!"
July 23, 2011

This means the dub is almost at the Three Tails arc! Hooray! :suicide:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

-Blackadder- posted:

Just out of curiosity has the last coffin member been revealed in the manga yet?

Not yet. In fact, it's barely been mentioned since then, I think.

Airdates to August 25th:

223 "The Young Man and the Sea"

224 "The Merchant Ninja of Venice"

225 "The Cursed Ghost Ship"

226 "Battleship Island"
Set sail for filler!

As for the dub, Yukimaru's voice isn't too bad; he sounds a little less cute, a little more ... eerie though. Certainly nails the 'home is where someone thinks of you :downs:' schtik to a tee. Guren's VA is also really good.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Next few episode titles and airdates for 22nd September to 6th October:

229 "Eat or Die! Mushrooms from Hell!"
September 22, 2011

230 "Counterattack From the Shadows"
September 29, 2011

231 "The Closed Sea Route"
October 6, 2011

English dub airdates:

96 "The Unseeing Enemy"
September 24, 2011

97 "The Labyrinth of Distorted Reflection"
October 1, 2011

This loving Yukimaru arc :suicide: I just want to know what Karin and Suigetsu sound like; I know Juugo is voiced by Travis Willingham, but that's all I've heard.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I can sorta see why this is happening; they don't want to insert filler later on due to ~events~, but it's still boring as hell to watch. Also the dub is not too far away from the big Itachi fight and *~*Crispin Freeman*~* :swoon:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
On that note, the dub has been released in a huge update all the way to episode 112, alongside the movie Bonds. So close to hearing Crispin Freeman again :swoon:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Sasuke pops up a few times in that filler lump; he shows up for a single scene with Orochimaru in that sea monster girl arc, and he also pops up at the end of that 'five greatest fights' thing.

edit: only know this because I was lucky enough to start watching Naruto when they were just about done animating the Rescue Gaara arc - I skipped the fillers and I wondered what I had missed that gave everyone such a pavlovian reaction. Now I know :smithicide:

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 4, 2011

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I've mostly been keeping up with the english dub and the Rock Lee SD spinoff (find out which episodes have Orochimaru in them and watch those, not even kidding they are the best :swoon:). Worth noting that the dub is at episode 154, just when Naruto decides to go train at the Toad mountains. I dropped the anime during that random filler splash after the Pain arc so I can't say anything about this arc.

Hasn't Road to Ninja come out recently? Is that any good? All I've seen is Tumblr shipping rage :v:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
What did they do to Kabuto's hair :catstare:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

:3:

I'm wondering how/if this spinoff is going to bring the rest of the Akatsuki in; they've had Deidara and Tobi show up once.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
And the dub has recently entered that huge wedge of filler from after the Pain arc; there's no escaping it no matter where you go! :suicide:

We can't even console ourselves with the Rock Lee spinoff, since that ended a while back :smith:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Sounds like it :suicide: How long has this been going for now?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Rock Lee SD is honestly one of the greatest things to come out of Naruto.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
There's a new OVA coming out; judging by the spoilers I've seen it focuses on Sasuke and Itachi, and it's one of those :catdrugs: type OVAs.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
The english dub has hit some sea monster/ghost ship filler arc thing. Did ANYONE watch that? I honestly cannot remember a drat thing about that arc :psyduck:

Incidentally the Danzo vs. Sasuke fight was dubbed pretty well - Sasuke's VA was great, although I didn't really like Danzo's voice. He sounded like a nice old guy trying to sound as mean as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Captain_duck posted:

So today was filler, a weird one with mecha naruto. Which i think is a thing from the games?

That was one of the better filler eps though. And next week is canon again.

This filler is incredible.

• Locked thread