Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
We are now firmly back in canon territory, and these next episodes will probably be pretty great. Genuinely interesting fights, and MIGHTO GUY! and Kakashi are on the scene now. Can't wait for the next episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
This episode was canon and really great. Flashbacks are not an invention of the anime team, Kishi loves them, too.

And here we had Naruto using his brain to solve a problem, not just by achieving the next power-up. I like this episode.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
They changed Tobi's VA now that his mask has come off! I do not like this. And they even retconned Obito's VA in Kakashi Gaiden. Although I suppose it was inevitable now that Madara joined Obito

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Well, I don't remember if the current flashbacks were part of the manga, but I don't care as long as we see more Jiraya!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The canon arcs of the ninja war are surprisingly good. And in the manga the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist were defeated off-panel while they got a proper fight in the anime. But if you stopped reading the manga because of the bullshit story then I don't know how much you will enjoy the rest of the anime.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I actually liked the Hanabi episode. The current filler episode are among the better ones in the series.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
At least Shippuden has better music than the first half.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

beuges posted:

Ugh, so does than mean another year of filler before the story actually comes to an end?

The last chapter is like a decade later, introducing the new cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Mymla posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic about Boruto, even if I understand that it's most likely not gonna be great.

Imo, what they need to do is move away from the godslaying chakramechs and do a more lowkey story, but the chances of that actually happening are slim to none.

I was a bit hopeful that they would at least start with a more low-key stuff, since Boruto isn't exactly a genius, but the latest chapter of the Boruto manga was a bit concerning in that regard. We'll just have to see how it goes.

• Locked thread