Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insy
Jul 3, 2002
#crackhouse superstar
The front page says if you're going to watch one episode of Shippuden, watch 143. I'd go even farther and say if you watch one arc in this entire series, make it this one.

Take on Pain with some frogs? Nobody in the village could remotely stand up to Pain. Jiraiya beat 3 of the 6 paths, then got owned. Kakashi beat 1 of the 6 paths with help. Offscreen Pain beat the most notoriously powerful ninja who was still assumed to be alive, Hanzo of the Salamander and in filler beat the tailed slug bubble boy. Now it's our hero vs almighty push pain? The one that drove Kakashi to death pretty much and destroyed the village wall to wall and can loving fly? The whole village is knocked out (except for team Gai?) and 5 of the 6 paths are still standing, plus Konan. Naruto sure has some stops to pull out ahead of him. I'm quivering with anticipation.

Also, Tsunade sucks at fights. "Wait, Pain!"? Give me a break, more like legendary loser. Even the third would've at least gone down with a fight, not simply get popped from the sky like a sitting duck.

quote:

I never thought that this show still had the capacity to surprise me. (Also: gently caress, this ending is incongruous.)
The #1 unpredictable ninja [series].

Insy fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insy
Jul 3, 2002
#crackhouse superstar
I was as surprised as anyone when I saw Pain's face become all exaggerated and distorted more than once, but even when I watch it again it feels exactly like what is needed for this super-high pace action scene. Anything slower would've been just like when they cut to Sakura.

I also liked how Pain demonstrates that he doesn't only have the capability to use the single jutsu-type through his paths. If you weren't paying attention, Pain was also controlling the rain http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/368/05/ and casting wind jutsu (when he was young) http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/373/12/. He controlled the rain using Tendo, so there's no reason to assume he couldn't summon water too. He also does all the day to day operations of Akatsuki as Tendo Pain, including summoning that giant statue for storing bijuu.

For his exaggerated movements and speed (basically flying at low altitudes, running so fast that his legs road-runner out), he's been shown to be able to cast body-moving push/pull jutsu for extended periods, such as when he flew himself way above the village.

The only thing anyone should be complaining about with this filler is 5 seconds worth of exaggerated movements that totally fit the mood and that Tendo is more resilient than we supposed. Being smashed into the ground (with rasengans, not a rock) defeated one path of pain, but there's nothing saying this one doesn't have more chakra built up so it can withstand more hits; he never even broke the connection with Tendo. I'm just speculating, but there's usually a reasonable explanation in the Narutoverse for the sort of stuff we see in filler, even the weirder fillers.

Insy fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 4, 2010

Insy
Jul 3, 2002
#crackhouse superstar

CubanMissile posted:

Anyone who draws Road Runner legs outside of the 70's is retarded.

Also, Pain bleeds from his nose and gums in the manga, that's probably why it was included in the anime:
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/439/03/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/439/08/

I think it's supposed to signify that his technique is actually killing him as well.

Insy fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jul 15, 2010

• Locked thread