Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Did any of you anime only people figure out that Jiraiya was going to die from the last OP? it seemed like a pretty obvious spoiler to me but I had read the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Actuallly yeah, the new OP does have some pretty serious spoilers.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Tonfa posted:

Calling out Neji not even getting into filler arcs, :laffo:

It's even funnier that Naruto still thinks this show is about him.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I enjoyed the movie. The plot was poo poo but I don't really care much with these movies as long as it isn't boring or about an orphan. Mostly I just watch to see well animated fights.

Oh man I can't believe they actually found a way to make Tenten sorta useful by finishing off the enemy.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I know it doesn't fit in with Kakashi and Naruto's will of fire or ninja way or whatever. But Tsunade and Gaara really were right on this one, assuming the original plan would have succeded.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Sakura looked pregnant in this episode.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
This arc breaks the unwritten law of including Sasuke at all times so they found a way to add his punk rear end in after the ED.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Instead, he looks like he's as good as Naruto at using it.

Well they are the same rank. :laugh:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Nighthand posted:

I came close to laughing out loud at the part where the three toads were stabbing the ground in the same area to hit Pain, so they were in the background. They all looked so bored!

I mean come on, Gamabunta isn't even looking at what he's doing.

Yeah, but I thought he looked pretty badass here.

But not as badass as Naruto looked here.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Overture posted:

The part where the audio goes out and Pain pulls Hinata up into the air, then down with a boom, then without audio again and stabs her all to a shocked faced Naruto was the best part. Probably one of the most intense scenes in the entire show.

I wish every episode had direction and a budget like that. Next one is going to be off the chain.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

PastaSky posted:

Oh god the animation in this episode was so ridiculous I had to go and check and make sure it was real after the first 5 minutes.

Wack a mole pain
Pains face with his "my pain is greater than yours"
Pain doing a road runner type thing with his legs
Pain skating along the canyon.

This would have been the best episode if it wasn't for this poo poo. Given the intense nature of the episode it's weird they would do Cool World meets Looney Tunes instead of just keeping it like the end part.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Road Runner legs. Pain had Road Runner legs.

edit: I've taken to assuming that tails mode Naruto's perception is like being on acid and now the "my pain is greater than yours face" makes perfect sense.

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jul 2, 2010

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Anyone who draws Road Runner legs outside of the 70's is retarded. It'd be different if it was used for comedic purposes like Kung Fu Hustle, but this is supposed to be an intense battle scene punctuated by Naruto bleeding evil out of his stomach. It doesn't fit and was a terrible choice. I'm disappointed since I was looking forward to seeing this fight animated for years.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
That game looks rad. Konan looks like a pretty neat character, I always wished she got more fights in the series. But I tend to think that way about every character who isn't Sasuke.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Ok, think I'm done with filler now.

[manga]Can we please get to the tale of God Mode Sasuke spamming and plot armouring his way through countless battles?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
He'd go into sage mode and complete part 2 and 3 in about twenty seconds. It would own.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Will Bugs Bunny Beetlejuice Pain make an appearance?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Did I miss Danzo being named Hokage? I wanted to see him become a ninja master through yelling.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Dexo posted:

Ninja Politics: The Episode

But seriously. God Kishimoto is amazing at world building. It's a pity that he has trouble when focusing on the main character(s)

I think his main problem his creating wonderful secondary characters, and then only focusing on a few of his favorites.

But yeah, this is the period where I think I like Naruto (character) the very least.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Cbouncerrun posted:

Yeah don't worry, you'll see much more of Zetsu soon as well.

Understatement of the year.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Wow, girls on this show are even worthless at being girls. Pretending to like a boy to get what you want is the first trick they learn.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Danzo vs. Sasuke was one of my top five favorite fights in the manga, I'm glad it has quality animation. But even it if didn't, Danzo still is one of the only characters who has sensical reasoning for the things he does.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

The Disney XD version doesn't even mention the word blood. Instead it just mentions that Hidan needs DNA to complete the curse.

Ugh, I hope the kids don't immediately think of semen like I would have.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
That was a really good episode.

Danzo really seems to have had some great techniques. I would have liked to have seen more of them but unfortunately years of being around have probably taught him that eyehax are the only key to success. Too bad his stolen eyes just weren't as good.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

uG posted:

Instead he says exactly the wrong thing, then gets killed by dumb poo poo like shurikens. So while I like his methodology, realistically he couldn't beat Sasuke even with 11 sharingans, wood release, dna mods, and his final sealing technique. Raikage essentially beat Sasuke (using what, 2 or 3 moves?) and only lost his arm. Danzo lost 11+ lives.

True, but the fighting style he employed with based on being pretty devil may care with those lives.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I can see why they decided to make Sakura a chuunin with stratagems such as singlehandedly taking on an opponent ten levels above her while leaving her team helpless to defend themselves in enemy territory.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I still love how Itachi knew way back when that Sasuke would listen and follow any villain he spoke to. Itachi was the best. Dewey Cox's father should just follow Sasuke around all day repeating the "wrong kid died." line over and over again.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Kingtheninja posted:

It does seem a bit much especially when you think about people like the older woman sasuke passes on his way to school. How can that sweet old lady be a part of some vicious coup?

The village elders wanted the same thing we want: a ninja world without Uchiha eyeball bullshit. Too bad they didn't go far enough.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
"I'm Sasuke and I going to spew out some crazy bullshit!"
"I'm Naruto and I love you so much that I understand your crazy bullshit!"
"Noooo, you can't truly understand because you're not meeee!" :qq:

Has there ever been another Shonen character as wack as Sasuke?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
See, this is what filler should be like.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
And on this episode of Naruto: Shippuuden, the ninja team gets tripped up by a sea king that Luffy could knock out with one punch. Also, an orphan. Always a loving orphan.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
This episode is like an boring optional side quest from a bad RPG.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Kingtheninja posted:

I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject, but didn't bleach routinely insert filler arcs in the middle of canon arcs?

They did.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I enjoyed this silly filler episode, Gai's expressions were classic. Though it did remind me that even though Lee is a drunken fist master, he still gets zero love in the manga. This ninja war would already be won if someone would just get that kid a can of Four Loko.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I need to call my mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Movie spoiler: The Chuunin thing was really cute, but I grow tired of that running gag. I just wanna see him get a jacket dammit.

• Locked thread