Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Teek posted:

Episode 154 features a new opening, which is awesome as hell, but for anime-only viewers, I would recommend skipping past it since it spoils the upcoming arc.

You know people always say this with new OPs of any show but they really don't spoil anything.

Only manga readers know whether or not events in an op will happen exactly that way in the actual series, to anime watchers it's just like "Oh, some stuff like this will happen soon?"

Well I think that's the case anyway. I don't remember ever thinking twice about events in ops when I was anime-only on shows, I just thought "looks like there might be some cool stuff soon".

Spoilers in openings are only truly spoilers when a manga reader actually points out that they're spoling something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

And they hosed it up pretty badly woot. Well it's mostly a slideshow. I guess they're saving the budget for the upcoming stuff.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Tonfa posted:

It's less that and more the fact that manga isn't showing any signs of ending soon.

I wouldn't say that. Admittedly it's going on a bit longer than I thought it might have done, but I think this is the last arc probably before the final battle.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

It's kinda funny how here mostly everyone seems positive about the last few episodes.

Elsewhere it was just an endless shitstream of complaining about how bad the animation was for the episode for Naruto's big return...mainly because whenever Sasuke has a big fight, they blow the animation budget out bigstyle.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Episode 167 is the first time animation in the Naruto anime has truly blown me away since episode 133 of the original series.

And it's unsurprising, as it's apparently the first time "Atsushi Wakabayashi" has worked on a Shippuden episode and supposedly he was animation director for...yes, episodes 30, 71 and 133 of the original anime.

Most of the original source material in the manga is so mediocre I don't give a poo poo about whether or not the anime handles it accurately now, so this episode is the best I could've hoped for.

Unfortunately for them, it seems about 50% of the fanbase really hated this episode. I guess this episode didn't have enough still, "well-drawn" shots of bishies for them. :v:

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

You know I even appreciate all the goofy poo poo. Even Pain's ridiculous "MY PAIN IS GREATER THAN YOURS" moment with not a single accurate frame was just so batshit crazy that it's simply far more entertaining than an accurate version of the scene would've been.

And considering that this show is mostly an atrocious bore, I'll take anything it can do to entertain me at all.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Man the replies here are more like the other anime forums than I thought.

Like as in some people saying "the animation was poo poo" which is fundamentally wrong. The animation was outstanding no matter how you look at it. It's the ART quality which is questionable, but that is stylistic choice on the director's part. It's intentional. People can feel free not to like it of course, but they can't claim the fluid animation is bad without coming off sounding like an idiot.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Zexerous posted:

Exactly. I want to hear someone's reasoning over this.

They anime team generally fucks all filler up completely...?

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

New episode is out. Next week should wrap up the arc, I think. I'll have to double check but I think afterwards we'll get a little filler.

Apparently there's a rumour there'll be filler now until February.

I'm not sure if it's true since "arcs" of filler are usually advertised beforehand in some form (magazine scans, etc) but it wouldn't surprise me much after the conclusion of a "big" arc.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Yeah there's some like super-deformed Rock Lee manga by another artist and it's based on that. I'm sure it'll be kinda funny, but don't expect drunken, badass Lee.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Is the pacing still horrendously poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Torrannor posted:

They changed Tobi's VA now that his mask has come off! I do not like this. And they even retconned Obito's VA in Kakashi Gaiden. Although I suppose it was inevitable now that Madara joined Obito

The new Tobi VA is the guy who was doing Tobi before the Madara reveal.

quote:

I spent the last month marathon-ing the entire series having not watched it since the original was airing and uh. Is 345 going to be the last episode? or has the next series just not been released yet?

Episodes come out one at a time. One a week, every week (except breaks here and there).

Chances are we're at least a year away from them being done.

• Locked thread