Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

CubanMissile posted:

I know it doesn't fit in with Kakashi and Naruto's will of fire or ninja way or whatever. But Tsunade and Gaara really were right on this one, assuming the original plan would have succeded.

If the bad guy with the 'super speed' element hadn't just stood there going 'i cant absorb it! noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo' while Naruto slowly fell towards the ground with his fist-range attack then things might have ended quite badly indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

I would think 'holy poo poo I wasn't expecting that' but I'm too used to these shows ressurecting people which kinda ruins the effect

e: and has anyone told the anime people that watching fat [s]japanese[s] ninja kids cry is really annoying

Ireland Sucks fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 8, 2010

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Check the big green banner at the top of the page dude

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Glitch posted:

I also like how Sakura pulled a trump card to avoid a nuke like Sasuke using one of the big three's summons, though I'm sure it wasn't on purpose.

Didn't Tsunade tell it to do that? I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people in Konoha are covered in slug

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Oh hell yes. I've been waiting for those red eyes for drat near forever. Pity about the event that triggered it though.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

AshB posted:

That part where Pain turned into an inhuman blob was terrible.

Given the beating he was sustaining, being turned into an inhuman blob would have made more sense than what actually happened.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Welp at least characters of consequence were dead for a little while, I knew that was too renegade to last. They could have at least left Hinata dead for a little while if there is going to be some ridiculous mass ressurection

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Sindai posted:

Naruto meets kid who does not BELIEVE IN HIS OR HER SELF

Or in the most recent movie, zombie-Kakashi.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

This illustrates the hard childhood he had far better than vague montages of people silently staring at him and his fox shadow. It probably should have come earlier though.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Mr. Crow posted:

Wait did Tsunade (however the gently caress you spell it) die? Or is she stepping down? I can't even remember now to be honest I just remember her being conspicuously absent from the last non-filler episode where they were praising him and whatnot.

She is in a kakashi-style "wahhh I used up too much chakra" coma and will probably only be awakened by the spirit of youth or something.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

That animation must have cost all of 50 bucks

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

I'll see you guys in july

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Harettazetta posted:

Hoo boy. Then you'll like 201 probably just as much if not more than I did. :D

*stands there crying the entire episode*
But yes the next few weeks or months look like they are going to be amazing
And Zetsu is the best character

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

I'm kind of hoping she does the same 'lol sakura punch' thing she always does when she sees him and shatters her fist.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

That was a good episode, it seems like Kisame was made for that fight.
I hope we are going to get to see some Naruto/Bee hijinks: seeing them get combo savage beatings by Sakura/Raikage must be inevitable.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

I don't quite see how in her instant transition from creepy Sasuke obsessed stalker to murderous brooding nutcase that Sakura has managed to convince herself she has a hope in hell of killing the guy.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

It would appear that the new movie has been released/subbed

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Karin is growing to Orihime levels of annoying now. Do we really need to hear "SASUKE!!!!!!!!" followed by relievedface every time he gets attacked because there are a lot of attacks in this anime

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

I was really really wanting karin to stay dead but the preview pretty much annihilated any hope of that. Women in this show are just abhorrent.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Kingtheninja posted:

I don't think we can approach that level of content stretching again.

Why bother stretching content when you can spend 90% of the episode recapping old content.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

JazzFlight posted:

I've really held out for a long time on Sasuke. I've been in Naruto's corner, hoping that the peaceful option will prevail.

Man, just gently caress this guy already. How much can he do before Naruto realizes that Sasuke is a dangerous rear end in a top hat?
You really expect the peaceful option to not prevail? I mean I'm sure there will be one or two mega Naruto/Sasuke throwdowns with summons and demons and eyes and lots of clones getting instantly popped and rasengans and poo poo but you just know that in the end the three are all going to live happily ever after and all will be forgiven

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Kingtheninja posted:

Next week looks a little better though.

I like how they have the balls to actually give us a preview of filler consisting of past content

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Jaweeeblop posted:

That was awful, but also don't forget the Curry of Life filler arc. Lee gets drunk and eats curry. I want more of that.

Arcs can be quite good, it's the one-off "ugh I guess we better come up with something to do this week" stories that are terrible. The recent Tenten weapon factory one in particular was just awful in art and story and everything. Even if you ignore the fact that it focused on Tenten.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

I am stunned that Karin seems to have accepted reality for what it is; I was convinced she was going to take Inos place in the Ino-Sakura Sasuke Stalker Rivals Society.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Francis Baconator posted:

Welp, I officially hate Sakura. Seriously, she actually has to debate whether she'd first provide medical attention to Naruto or Sasuke on the battlefield?!

Hmmm if both seriously injured and under my care at the same time, do I save my best friend and hero who saved our people and holder of our tailed beast or the guy who is actively trying to kill us all and just tried to kill me? What a bizarrely specific and not-foreshadowing-at-all dilemma for our heroine to ponder!

I really want to know what was in that last coffin. My brother suggested it might be the sage of the six paths or his sharingan son because what else could make Madara react like that

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Oh ok good because that would have been terrible storyline to go down.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Last week was a TenTen/Lee episode

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

Not a single post since 4/7. I'm not far enough along to know, but is it filler all the way down from there?

Yes. The last one I watched didn't even have a single frame of original animation, they just cut and pasted from pre-shippuuden episodes

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

JazzFlight posted:

and a cliche "I love Naruto" speech by Gaara.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

If you want to see Naruto repeat the Chuunin exam you should watch the latest movie. Bonus prison rape included.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Triple Elation posted:

Also, I hear Bleach is worse.

It was but they put that anime out of its misery

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

I liked it, we have seen Naruto become mega powerful so he easily vapourised powerful but not world-destroying enemies. It makes a nice change from being conveniently only just as powerful as the opponent of the day.

And yes I watched next episodes pre-shippuuden preview with horror.

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Holy loving....

Gaara vs Naruto

:fap:

Pretty sure Gaara remains the scariest villain

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Arrgytehpirate posted:

- DID THEY ACTUALLY KILL CHOJI HOLY loving poo poo WHAT THE FUCKKKKK
Oh yeah Naruto is like a proper Game of Thrones with how bold it is about killing off its staple recurring characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Just saw 'the Last' movie. I know the writers have an obsession with eyeballs but that got a bit ridiculous

• Locked thread