Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Mr. Crow posted:

I dunno, Jiraiya vs. Pain is pretty much phenomenal.

This. Loved the fight in the manga and seeing it animated was a lot of fun for me. It's also one of the reasons why this current OP is my top OP for this show (also the song is pretty :krad:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yes please do skip the OP if you are anime-only, it reveals quite a bit. Loved the double episode this week, moving along quite nicely and I can't wait to get to where this is leading.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

New episode is out, and things are moving along quite nicely. Loved getting to see the comedy with Raikage animated. The shot at the end where they cut to him crying is hilarious. Things start to get really awesome next week!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

New episode is up, this poo poo just got real.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

rock2much posted:

I haven't watched Naruto in a long time. The last fight I saw was Naruto & Kakashi vs that guy with the 4 hearts from Akatsuki. Does anyone know where that is so I can pick up on it again? Is there an official site for subs/dubs like One Piece has?

Check the OP broseph, you're lookin for the hidan&kakuzu fight, near the end of it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

New episode is out. More fun stuff, I did a little eye rolling when they made a big deal out of sakura using triage to take command of things at the hospital. You mean to tell me a doctor, or any other medical ninja at the hospital didn't know about triage? pfft.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I feel like it was done better in the manga. And by that, I mean I think they wondered what they were after for like, a panel instead of an entire scene. Was anyone surprised by Danzo's sudden frog murder? It was a bit more graphic than the manga but I think they pulled it off well.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I don't know, I thought it was pretty awesome. They did a decent job animating it, and I'm glad they could contain the fight in one episode. The end of the episode was really good, the campfire thing was really well done.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

As short as it is, I really like this fight. It showcases a decent amount of ninja techniques, strategy, and some basic ninjutsu. Well, maybe not basic, but in a world full of Rasengans and 15 Ft. chidori blades, the bar gets raised.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Reiche posted:

The raikiri dog was pretty cool you have to admit.

I'll have to watch it again, but I think the manga had better detail for the raikiri dog than the anime, as the brightness of the colors seemed to push out some of the detail in the anime. I really like how his mud wall technique didn't call for bulldog heads on it, it just looked cool :colbert:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Another new episode, pretty decent with a helping of filler action. But some interesting filler action mind you. Ibiki's summons were so :wtf: I didn't mind the filler.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Can't really complain though, it's (so far) good stuff and considering how spoiled we've been on pacing lately it won't end up being that bad.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Tonfa posted:

I consider this kind of extended material to be an improvement on the manga. See also: Sasuke vs. Orochimaru, Jiraiya Gaiden.

Plus the alternative is that they catch up faster and then we will have a filler arc about the three and a half tails beast.

Or devil wig.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Right now the manga is only about 70 chapters ahead of where the anime is right now. The past arc and this current one have a general tendency to move at a pace of about 1.5 to 2 chapters per episode with brief filler in between major events.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

New episode is up! I thought it was pretty good, maybe a little slower paced but the music and the tension were fun. Absolutely loved Naruto's realization at the end of the episode. Hearing his reaction was so much better than reading it in the manga.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm kind of wondering (episode spoilers)what people think about konohamaru using rasengan. If I recall the manga thread had a decent sized debate about that when it happened. Personally I think it makes sense, and he did have to use two people for the actual delivery. Naruto didn't have to do that, did he?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

And we finally made it. Loved the way they handled this episode. Very excited to see how they handle the rest of this.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

And Konoha already blew up so we won't have to wait "5 minutes" for that to happen, either.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yes it was. Nicely paced as well, they had decent amounts of action mixed well with talking parts. Really loved the over the top animation of the frogs kicking rear end. The post preview bit was really funny, too.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

New episode is out. Amazing. The toads are very funny to me, I like in particular how pa toad refers to even gamabunta as boy. Also the bit after the credits is very funny and :3: at the same time.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Tonfa posted:

Anime discussion pretty much anywhere else is insufferable. Wah it doesn't have a movie budget/follow manga panel by panel/support my favorite shipping pairing

This episode had too much play by play for my tastes but otherwise, good stuff. Looking forward to next week.

I know exactly what you mean with the play by play. When that happened I was kind like "really? We JUST saw it." And it was decently explained when it originally happened! I am liking the little added fighting they're throwing in, though.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah until they start flashing back inside a flashback to pad time, it's fine with me.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah next week looks like it has some smooth animation in it. This week was a good episode, moving the plot right along. God I am really annoyed with that ED. Also, just read the plot for the next shippuden movie, coming out in July. It sounds kind of awesome, actually.

Assigned on a mission to capture Mukade, a missing-nin, Naruto Uzumaki sets out for the once glorious historic ruins of "Ouran", where he pursues and corners the rogue ninja. Mizukade’s goal is revealed to be a dormant leyline within the ruins; he unleashes the power of the leyline, causing a light to envelop Naruto, sending him into the past, 20 years before the series began. When Naruto awakens, he comes into contact with his father, the Fourth Hokage, Minato Namikaze.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I felt they padded today's episode a little too much, (next episode spoiler)I was hoping hinata would show up by the end of this episode, now it looks like after she shows up won't happen until the very end of next week's episode :(

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Oh jesus christ. I didn't think it would be this sad. The animation was awesome, it especially fits Hinata's fighting style and made it look amazing. God I'm just going to weep in a corner now. Even the after credits part made me baww :(

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Freaksaus posted:

There were some nice bits of animation, but does the bulk of the fight really have to look like this.

If you want really fluid animation a lot of the times that is how it's going to look. At least with anime. When shows go for the fast paced fluid action, they use a lot less linework in their frames because they're drawing more overall frames. It used to bug the hell out of me when I first saw it but now I like it with a couple exceptions.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

ipokesnails posted:

:downs:

They gave us a lot of funny looking faces in this episode.

Ah! It's "gimme back mah gaara" 2.0

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Perhaps some spoiler tags might go well with that post?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

gently caress that, this episode was the series. Goofy poo poo in the beginning aside, this is the animation that makes fighting look awesome. The high speed of everything really adds to it. I don't care if this was a lot of filler, it was brilliant. I am so pumped right now, the last couple minutes of the episode were amazing too. The music was perfect.

Also, I don't care what the new ED has in it as long as I don't have to hear the word bicycle in japanese anymore.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

The fluid motion of martial arts that pain was using would probably be one of my favorite parts of this episode. It was precise, and very fancy looking.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Primous posted:

Edit

That face looks like the stretched out faces that Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis make in beetlejuice when they are trying to scare the couples out of the house.

YES! Thank you, I was hoping I wasn't the only person thinking this.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

There was no new one piece or dragonball kai this week either, so I'm wondering if there was some holiday or something going on.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Watch one piece, but stay far away from bleach.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Forever Zero posted:

Ok this is the first time I'm seeing the Anime in a while and I wanted to watch the Pain fight. What the hell happened to the animation team? WTF is this poo poo its like someone made the Pein vs Naruto fight in flash.

Sorry, bitching about the animation was last week, we've moved on to bitching about filler now.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

We've had a couple episodes now since the last post, I'm curious as to what people think of the latest stuff. seeing pain's history laid out finally. I personally think the last part of his flashback was animated rather well. You get the same idea in the manga but it's one of those scenes that has to be animated to really do it justice.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah I did feel kind of short changed on that topic. not only are we told that, but we see him do all kinds of badass things and not get touched. It would have been really cool to see 6 pains show up and just destroy him.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

That's pretty much the image that popped in my head when I first read the scene in naruto.

EDIT: Here we go: http://www.ourmanga.com/Naruto/369/Naruto_369_14

Kingtheninja fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Aug 13, 2010

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

New episode is out. Next week should wrap up the arc, I think. I'll have to double check but I think afterwards we'll get a little filler.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Mr. Deathy posted:

Apparently there's a rumour there'll be filler now until February.

I'm not sure if it's true since "arcs" of filler are usually advertised beforehand in some form (magazine scans, etc) but it wouldn't surprise me much after the conclusion of a "big" arc.

I checked wikipedia and the three episodes listed after next week are all titled about Iruka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Welp, last episode of this arc today. Following it up with some filler, which hopefully won't last very long.

• Locked thread