Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
It all depends on how long it is. I don't mind the short ones like bubble nin, and even the first filler arc with demon wig wasn't extremely long. Although I would probably make that the high end of the tolerance bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Oh god, speaking of in episode recap. I was flipping channels the other night and the shippuden dub is in the middle/end of the sasuke/sai arc. The episode I happened to catch was one of the worst perpetrators of in episode recapping. The group was standing there talking, when they went into a flashback. I flipped around some more and came back almost halfway through the episode and they had just stopped talking and started moving along.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

It never really came up since the beginning of shippuuden. I think a lot of people disregard naruto's gennin rank because they know he was off training with jiraiya for two years.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah, the next couple episode titles are things like iruka's decision or something along those lines. There's also an episode title referring to the kid from the zabuza arc? idkwtf

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Next week's episode looks like it might mix in some canon material, saw a few shots of sasuke and co. in the preview.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

That was interesting, I'm glad I watched the episode. Also I hope the filler is over after next week, it's almost as if they're adding filler to all of Part one! (oh god please don't do this :gonk: )

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

To add to that spoiler, it should be noted Danzo nominated himself after kakashi was nominated, a dick move on his part.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Arg, looks like even more filler for next week as well. Seems like you can get away with watching the first and last couple minutes of an episode to get canon material. Anyone else notice really decent animation in this filler?

Also this has to be the most boring OP for shippuden to date. ten ten's time to shine in the ED however!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah me too. For those who are interested, anything after the flashback in this week's episode is canon material. This is getting ridiculous, they're starting to gently caress with their own continuity now. Next week they team up with Gaara? I guess they can make an excuse for it but jesus why don't we just move along with the loving story?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah you know it's bad when episode 184 is titled Set out! Team Ten-ten. :smithicide:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Chapter wise the canon stuff they've been sprinkling in the filler is about chapter 451, and this week's chapter will be 514. It really isn't too close, and the way they did the last couple arcs with sometimes 1 chapter/episode sometimes 2 really seemed to work. I can understand a few episodes in between arcs like they've been doing but there isn't a need for anything prolonged. Hopefully this will be over before december.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Filler bullshit continues, these plots are horrendous. Next week we get team ten-ten!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Well the list of episodes on wikipedia only goes up to next week's, so we could be optimistic and say it'll be over after next week. We could, but we won't. Because we aren't optimistic :(

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

It's funny, You'd think the low point would be an episode titled "Team Ten-ten". You'd think that, but you'd be wrong. next episode: Capture that ostrich!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Welp, we're probably in filler town til the end of the year.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I haven't been watching the show at all, but I did do some checking on wikipedia. Looks like we're in filler town until the end of the year at least. I do believe it will pick up again once the new year starts, but there is no definite answer yet.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I hate to say it gang, but it looks like the filler is going to continue into january. Going by the latest wikipedia episode titles, it might come back at the end of that month, but who knows.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"I see you!"

edit: Seriously, flip her head upside down and it'll look just like that sasuke pic.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

It looks like it might go up to the end of this month. That would make it about 20 episodes of filler. God willing that will be the end of it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I think the hidan/kakuzu fight had some decent animation in it if I remember correctly.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

During the first of the filler stuff, like some other scenes that were inserted into it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah I really enjoyed this episode and am EAGERLY awaiting the next one or two.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

March is going to be a great month for this show. Actually, March through the end of May will be a great time for this show.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Have you tried fairy tail? I really enjoyed the anime for it, and only ever read the first dozen or so chapters of the manga.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Decent episode, not really digging the new OP. "I'll remember to add that ponta is a raccoon."

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

New episode is out, pretty awesome stuff, looks like we'll have a good animation team for next week's episode.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

The only issue I had with it was the eyes look too flat, like they just stamped them on the arm. They should be rounder, and possibly move around to look super loving creepy.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Also don't forget dude actually acts like a ninja.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah it looked better than I thought it would. Enjoyed this episode, even if sasuke hawk'd out of loving nowhere.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Teek posted:

Watching this episode made me realize something which might make that a lot more understandable. It seemed to come out of nowhere, but if the Hawk was actually Itachi's summon, that would make a lot more sense.

That's actually the first good theory I've heard about that. When it happened in the manga everyone was really puzzled about it but that kind of makes sense.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Sindai posted:

It's just you, Shippuuden has always been awful about that. It's why I only watch in bursts now.

I'd have to go back and read this section of the manga again to be sure, but I think they're taking parts of different chapters and splitting an episode between them. I feel like the Naruto stuff we've been seeing happened at once instead of switching off between sasuke content in the manga.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I don't think we can approach that level of content stretching again. Next week's preview looks a little interesting, but we'll know for sure how they're going to do it when we see the preview for two weeks from now.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Well this week's episode was worse than last week's. It isn't total filler I guess, but Naruto wakes up, escapes the hotel and runs towards sasuke/sakura. That's about all the actual content. Next week looks a little better though.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

It does seem a bit much especially when you think about people like the older woman sasuke passes on his way to school. How can that sweet old lady be a part of some vicious coup?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yay new episode is pretty awesome. Loved the animation in a few scenes, can't wait for this to keep moving.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

The show has been doing both actually, and to be completely honest this isn't that bad. Yeah it's annoying but it could be much worse.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Don't forget the episode where sasuke-kun~ had to wear cat ears. Also Can I get some Demon Wig love in this filler discussion?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

It is starting to approach previous levels of poo poo-tastic. And it doesn't look to be stopping anytime soon.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I really wish I hadn't noticed this but since Silver mentioned this week's episode only being about 3/4ths of a chapter, I realized the only non flashback material I saw from the preview for next week would be the missing 1/4th of the chapter :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'd give it about two more years.

• Locked thread