Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Good time for this thread to get bumped since I just marathoned Shippuden the past two months and finally caught up this weekend. Granted, I skipped most filler.

Speaking of filler, is there any filler worth going back to watch? Last I saw was the Yuukimaru / Guren saga. I heard Kakashi's ANBU chronicles was good. Wasn't sure about everyone under infinite tsukuyomi filler though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Naruto is finally over, drat. But I'm gonna bullet point some thoughts of my experience doing a marathon of the show:

- Probably the best thing about the series is how each clan / person has a unique power, and how it factors into every fight. I loved that most fights usually had an explanation / strategy going into it, even if they were sometimes long winded. This made Shikamaru one of the better characters because of how strategic he fought.
- The Konoha 11 were great characters as Naruto's posse. The addition of Sai was good, too. Picking Neji to be the sacrificial lamb of them felt odd for a bit, but sort of makes sense when you find out Naruto and Hinata get married.
- I get Naruto's "true power" is that he can make friends with anyone and turn every evil thing good (minus evil shinobi mom) including all the way up until Sasuke, but man I feel like redemption got overused: Kabuto, Orochimaru, Nagato / Pain, Obito, and the moon man from The Last movie.
- It's shonen anime and all, but Kishimoto sucks at writing female character development.
- Holy hell, the filler. I only watched a few, but before following a filler guide it's easy to tell what's filler and what isn't. The plot is disjointed, you can tell the characters aren't going to last, and the arc wraps up in a weird, quick way. I really enjoyed the Yuukimaru / Guren filler, because Guren is a cool ninja, and Naruto learns and uses the water pistol ability (which you never get to see again), but then it wraps up, then suddenly Tobi shows up and steals 3-tails.

If there's a show that deserves a DBZ Kai treatment, Shippuden is up there. Remove all fillers, and flashbacks, and you'd easily trim it down to like 200 episodes.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Naruto: My son is also named Bort

Bloodplay it again posted:

Is there an updated list of filler I can begin skipping? I'm on ~118 of Shippuuden right now (years old spoiler: Sasuke just killed Orochimaru, or so it seems. I'm watching the episodes shortly after the 3-tailed arc.

http://animefiller.com/naruto-shippuden-filler-list/

Do yourself a favor and skip all filler. If you really care, you can go back and watch some of it (Kakashi's ANBU arc is supposedly decent).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Neji being ranked so high is somewhat surprising.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm probably gonna throw together a Boruto thread since this one is pretty old, and give some watching advice / character synopsis, since I'm kind of somewhat excited to watch it, for some dumb reason.

• Locked thread