Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Alright so I'm up to date with the anime and I'm torn on whether or not to read ahead in the manga. I like being surprised but the anime sometimes drags thing on like that ridiculous 100 episodes of filler from the first series. Just wondering if anyone has done so or would care to give advice about spoiling the anime by reading ahead in the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Enjoyed the wrap up episode to this arc, I haven't read ahead yet and I'm wondering if now would be a good point to considering filler seems incoming.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Glad to be back to canon after 15 episodes of crappy filler I'm glad I skipped. Decided to go back and watch the arc containing Asuma's death and Shikamaru's revenge as it is probably my favourite of Shippuuden so far, was not disappointed with how it held up. The scene where Shikamaru picks up the shogi tiles and starts planning was awesome.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Guess I'm with the rest of you guys in being disappointed by Sakura. This episode in particular was painful because of majority being recap filler. In addition I think it was ridiculous to use magic sleep inducing gas to incapacitate three team members and allow here to arrive just in time to interrupt Sasuke killing her companion.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Why not just rerun old episodes with narration from one of the characters, this is getting pretty loving ridiculous.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

I'm pretty sick of this bullshit to be perfectly frank. Yeah it was better than the last couple episodes but that's not saying much. Do we seriously have to settle for episodes where maybe half of it is new content?

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Four episodes of the same bullshit is my limit I think. I'm with those wishing for filler arcs over these flashbacks with a dash of canon. Guess I'll take a break for a couple months then come back and see if anything has improved.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Checking in to see if we're still stuck in lovely 50%+ flashback mode or fillerific arcs. Last I watched was 215 where Saskue was facing off against Kakashi and we got to see him leaving Konoha for the hundredth time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Checking in to see if the series has pulled itself out of the lovely, awful, unbearable filler/recap mire it was in when I last watched. Believe the last episode I bothered with was 215.

• Locked thread