Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
Repeating what I said in the last thread, Hidan and Kakuzu were the goddamn peak of this series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Still comes in second place for me because it was a fight between two Japanese Wizards where the wizard with more powers won. The Hidan/Kazuku fight was a fight between two Immortal Japanese Wizards vs. a clever ninja where the ninja actually won. Another thing of note is that it's the last time anything resembling a ninja appears in this anime.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005

Mide posted:

I don't want to believe that's how Kakashi dies. He was too good of a character. It almost seems rude to have him die so quickly and only really kill one Pain. Ofcourse this makes Jarayia look more like a bad rear end. But still...

Episode spoilers:

Yeah, but they really needed to hammer home how far out of their league Pain is. He killed Jiraiya basically without breaking a sweat and this episode basically showed how even someone Kakashi was nothing more than a speed bump to him. I agree that his death is kind of sad, but it will make Naruto all the more angry.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Haha, how is nobody commenting on the giant loving soul-eating head that is following Pain around?

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005

alkanphel posted:

Only those getting attacked by it can see it.

I know. I was refering to the posters in this thread.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Really looking forward to the responses to this episode.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
This is my favorite arc of the series. This is basically Naruto's coming of age moment where he basically surpasses all of his teachers and his father and basically becomes worthy of being the Hokage.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
It's not really too far off base to say that the animation for this fight has been absolute poo poo. Pain is supposed to be the fastest, most powerful guy on the planet and they're animating him as this really clunky, jerky thing. Compare it to how he was animated during his fight in the Rain Village (where he was all over the place and attacking from everyside) and you'll see what I mean. They weren't even trying when animating him fighting the toads.

A part of it is that this is all the manga gave them to work with. The fight between Naruto and The Six Paths goes very quickly to Naruto vs. 'God Body' very quickly so the animators were kind of handicapped for what they had to work with.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
If you've read ahead in the manga, don't even hint about what is coming next. This is where poo poo gets really nuts.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Just watch the goddamn TV show.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Ugh, what a terrible episode.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
I'm not going to sit and argue the finer points of animation in a thread devoted to a goddamn children's show about kid ninjas, but this last episode looked like poo poo. The other two Sasuke episodes which had this animation style looked okay when in motion, but this latest one looked like crap both in still shots and in motion. Everyone I was watching the show with groaned a minute into the episode and it just got worse from there.

I don't mind them padding out the manga. Last week's episode turned out great and almost none of that was from the manga. However, basically nothing that happened this week made any sense in the context of how Pain is supposed to work. This is really terrible, because the manga version of this fight is actually really well paced (Pain basically tries one push and one pull and then starts running away while Naruto just tears everything up). There was no reason to introduce the water and all that other crap. There was no reason to show Pain suddenly emoting with his face like he is trying to pass a giant brick turd (I'm fine with Nagato looking pained, but the actual bodies don't really show exertion). It was just really inconsistent.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
I know what you're saying. After seeing how well they handled the episode with Hinata, I was soooo very much looking forward to seeing Pain vs. 9-tails in it's full glory. This was poo poo though. Ugh, so disappointing.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
I'm glad the crap animation from 2 weeks ago didn't continue into this one. What a weird rear end week that was.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
What an odd place to stick it though. This is literally the middle of the plot arch.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Yup. I was almost sure that this was supposed to be the original end of the Naruto story right here, especially after all the absolute poo poo that follows from this point. It really sucked that they introduced Nagata, and then immediately said "Tricked ya! He's not the real leader!" before we even got a chance to see him do stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
People have been guessing that it was the real Madara and that Tobi isn't the real Madara and/or Tobi doesn't have Madara's body anymore and the real body got rezzed.

• Locked thread