Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
We are indeed back in canon-town, hurray. I wonder how long that will last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Indeed. The pain fight has started! Finnaly!

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Hinata is dead finally, whoohoo!. I hate hinata, but they did that very touching.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
well 176 is out and yeah looks like were in an young naruto, sort of iruka based filler.

I don't know about you guys, but i'm kind of sick of young naruto. The timeskip made naruto a lot better. But i guess this is better then the usual "naruto has to protect the girl who doesn't believe in herself" filler plot.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Still no end land in sight for the goddamn boat filler huh? Thats a shame. Maybe the thread title should be changed to:

Naruto Shippuuden Thread 5: I'm on a boat motherfuckers.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Ok just watched 279, it was filler, and it was loving terrible. Also looks like next week is more filler.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Anyone else see 290? Is this the start of another loving filler arc or something? The kakashi vs mist swordsmen filler was sort of bearable to watch but now suddenly its complete filler.

Also, what the hell was going on in the 2nd half of the episode? Why did we need to see the story of those kids instead of going on with the filler fights?

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Man that little filler arc has just the worst ending. Naruto drops in, everyone dies in the smoke. And it doesn't look like we are out of filler territory yet either.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
So today was filler, a weird one with mecha naruto. Which i think is a thing from the games?

That was one of the better filler eps though. And next week is canon again.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
The filler is still ongoing, but 404 was a tenten episode and looks like 405 will be as well. And this ep wasn't all that bad either, it had some great moments between tenten and gai.

Also man the pace of this arc has been like the same as the original chunin exam arc. It feels like there will need to be at least 10 more eps of this before we get back to canon.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
406 is out, its an Ino filler episode. Meh. Apparently Ino also had some tsunade training

There's a new OP and ED though, and their totally ready for the endgame.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Just watched 413, and it seems like the filler is over! Episode 414 should be canon again!

They completely cut of the final 3rd part of the exams, yay

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
414 is out, and we are indeed back in Canon!

Were at the part where both naruto and sasuke are dying, and Madara got 10-tails jinchuuriki mode

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Larryb posted:

Nevermind, seems like they'll be jumping right back into filler for a bit at least in the next episode. This one seems to be another Obito flashback dealing with the formation of Kakashi's old team

Argh your right. So after one and a half episode of canon were right back into fillertown. They're really trying to stretch this out as much as possible.

I read the manga a bit again, and were halfway through chapter 666 of the manga. Yup halfway. Theres a couple of flashback panels in there, and those are being expanded into entire filler episodes.

The good news though, i doubt itll be much more then a couple of episodes of filler, and when thats done were really close to the Madara vs Gai battle

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Larryb posted:

I can almost garuntee you we'll be getting some Gai-focused filler episodes at that point seeing as the manga does delve a bit into his backstory during it.

Ugh yeah of course. Well im hoping that atleast they get the good animation team working on the actual battle. I've been waiting for that battle for a while.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
426 is out, the infinite tsukoyomi has started, and indeed were getting filler.

Well, at least the next episode looks like it'll be a tenten episode.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
The killer bee fillers were fun. Those were worth watching. But now poo poo is going downhill fast.

Just saw 431, which was loving horrible. It's karins whole backstory, where she gets bit by hurt ninjas, and then screaming loudly over and over and over and over and over and over again. I watched the whole ep at like 20% volume because most of it is karin screaming. Not really sure how that was her infinite tsukoyomi dream.

And from the preview, the next couple of episodes are going to be a loving recap. It was all old footage from the loving start of naruto. I guess all the animators are on vacation or something.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
So for a change i checked the naruto anime to check if fillertown was over yet.

And it was, well 458 starts with 1/3rd of sasuke recap, but then actually goes back into canon. Kaguya actually shows up at the end of the ep.

Next episode preview looks like canon as well. Might we be getting to the end of the naruto anime finally?

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Remember how i speculated we might get into canon until the end of the anime series? Man was i foolish. 460 was the start of an arc about kaguya's history. It's not really filler as its backstory we never had in the manga, but it ain't canon either.

Are they trying to stretch shippuden to 500 eps or something? If so this will be horrible since i think theres probably less then 10 canon eps left.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
I dared to check upon the naruto anime again, and with episode 468 seems like the extended backstory "filler" arc of kaguya, the rikudou sage, and indra & ashura are over.

What was really dumb was that Indra at the rikudou sages deathbed just straight up says "gently caress you dad, if i dont get my way im going to reincarnate until i get what i want. Then Ashura is like well gently caress that poo poo then i will reincarnate as well to stop him. Thats the whole explanation we get. Man if reincarnation was so easy why didnt kaguya just do that?

Anyway with that done, the anime could move back into canon and actually get to the finish right?

Haha, no of course not. Next week seems to be a straight up rerun of the "whats behind kakashi's mask" episode.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
In 473 They did it, they finally beat the rabbit lady

Were at chapter 689/700 of the manga now. So close to the ending. Next week looks canon to.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Thread necropost time!

The Sasuke novel arc is done now, next week starts Shikamaru's novel arc.

In the end of Sasuke's arc he straight up Friendship-no-jutsu'd the "big" bad. I guess thats character progression? Sigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
It's over! It's actually finally loving over. 220 + 500 = 720 loving episodes. Holy poo poo. WERE FREE

• Locked thread