Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Yep, the movie became a little cringe worthy after shoving the 'those who abandon their comrades are worse than scum' line down your throat even more times than you would have expected. Of course, any Naruto movie will plaster your retinas with a recurring POWER OF FRIENDSHIP theme, but this iteration just seemed to take the piss.

I did, however, really enjoy some of the kickin' rad fight scenes and accompanying music. In particular -although it was brief- I loved the poo poo out of Shino's pit of bug death and instant doggy execution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Knew what was coming but it was still freakin' awesome.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Corte posted:

Enjoyed the wrap up episode to this arc, I haven't read ahead yet and I'm wondering if now would be a good point to considering filler seems incoming.

You might as well, there is some really great stuff later on. Some of it's not as good but not anywhere near as dire to read as ten thousand of the exact same posts about how much of a raging eye hax boner of hatred emo fag Sasuke is, which is going to happen to this thread soon.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Crunkjuice posted:

What was that 30 minute "jump" episode?

The Naruto Jump Special. Really nice episode with some fancy cell shading.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Probably, since it looks exactly like Clash of Ninja Revolution on the Wii.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

I think Naruto's past is actually alright to watch compared to most other filler. V:shobon:V

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Yeah the filler was surprisingly decent but next weeks looks baaaad :/

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

It's looking good; some really slick animation without roadrunneresque sequences.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Watch everything but the filler aye. You've put me in the mood to watch team Shikimaru VS Hidan/Kakazu again. I think that's easily one of the best fight sequences in the entire series with bonus awesome music.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Heck yeah next week's battle should be awesome with the slick animation team on the case. :hellyeah:

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Mike Hock posted:

I don't remember, but were they that big in the manga? I swear there must have been some Uchiha T-rexes running around back when Danzo stole those things because they are big as loving saucers.

Big eyes... in anime?

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

It looked funny when the summoning jutsu worked in mid air, had always assumed it would be spread across a flat surface for some reason. Has that happened before?

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

That was pretty drat good for a fan made video and much more tense than the fight in the actual anime so far.

e: Sounds like they got the terrible English voice acting spot on too.

razamataza fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 6, 2011

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

I may be alone but I quite enjoyed this week's episode and the flashbacks even seemed more tolerable with the revamped animation sequences.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Problem solving and critical thinking are incredibly hard on an empty stomach :)

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Nice episode of DBZ this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Pretty drat awesome speech by Gaara.

• Locked thread