Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

FiftySeven posted:

They should do a filler arc where Naruto redoes the Chunnin exam (most powerful genin ever!) and totally destroys everyone he meets. I would watch that filler.

Opportunity to show us another hidden village too. Naruto would probably get disqualified, either for the sake of something outside of the exam or just some amusing faux pas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

doomisland posted:

Don't the rotate where the exam is? It would be a good chance to show of another village and have Naurto beat up people younger than him in hilarious fashions.

We've not seen Mist or Rock as far as I know, and I don't think it has to be one of the five great nations either, so there's plenty of potential settings. But going to any of the big five would probably mean revealing something from the manga early.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I really liked how they showed Naruto draw Hungry Ghost's eyes and try to tag him, legit martial art stuff. Thought that was really cool.

Great ep, looking forward to seeing this arc get animated.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

ipokesnails posted:

The best season 1 tactic they could add in would be a kancho deathblow to one of the Pains.

Isn't that actually in the upcoming 360/PS3 game trailer?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Another Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD9c5KeHvqA

Looks rad, neat that it has an aerial fight between Gaara and Deidara, I assume that's a singleplayer setpiece.

Reveal at the end is a bit weird though. Why not Yoshimitsu? Or take Taki or Mitsurigi from Soul Calibur?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

I felt they padded today's episode a little too much, (next episode spoiler)I was hoping hinata would show up by the end of this episode, now it looks like after she shows up won't happen until the very end of next week's episode :(

Yeah, was sure that was going to be the closing shot rather than spoilered in the preview. On the other hand, looks like they spent a bit more of the animation budget on the next ep, so hopefully there will be some good fight-padding. Odd timing for it though, with all that's going on.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

That ep handled things far better than the manga, I wonder if they will think to (manga spoiler)remove the indications that Hinata is still alive, since it's moot anyway.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Safe and Secure! posted:

I always thought this was some silly cartoon for nine-year-olds, but then my old roommate who was actually a pretty cool/normal person said he watches this regularly.

So now I'm curious. Which do I start watching? Naruto or Naruto Shippuuden? What's the difference? Or is the manga better?

This is not a straightforward question, I'm afraid.

Off the bat, don't start with Shippuuden, you won't know what's going on or who anyone is.

I would probably read the manga in it's entirety and watch the anime selectively. The anime has lots of filler material (I think about half the second episode is filler) which is pretty dire much of the time, though maybe there are some watchable arcs out there. At the same time, it has some superbly animated fights, and occasionally embellishes well on the source material, extending fights or showing ones that occurred "off screen" in the manga. Perhaps watch the anime of as long as you wish, if you feel it's slowing down, switch to the manga. Maybe just start both and get a feel for how you wish to proceed.

Sorry if any of this seems patronising, I'm assuming you have no prior knowledge of ongoing anime.

Edit: ^^^ that's pretty sound advice, though I would say you should probably be good to watch the first year's worth of anime. You don't want to miss the fight at around 48 (not sure about the number, folks will know what I mean)

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Yeah, moves beautifully, but the deviation from the character models gets offputting even before they turn to blancmange. The end was great though, great use of music.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Ninja Storm 2 trailer from GamesCom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0ijKvXFBGs

Demo out August 25. Killer B confirmed but only in the form of a punching bag for other characters. Lots of really cool set-pieces as you would expect. Gameplay looks a lot like the Gamecube games.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

I think you might have parsed that wrong. I read that as Bee confirmed, but only seen in the trailer being attacked by Taka.

Yeah, I only meant he didn't get an intro or a demo of his moves.

I really don't know if I should be spoiler-tagging this stuff to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yes, the other part being that the tournaments and cake-baking lessons had started to become more watchable than the actual canon.

The canon itself also started to seem very much like filler.

• Locked thread