Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Stupid question that might be in the wrong place, please feel free to mock me and tell me where to take it if so.

I use Dokan to mount seven network locations as drives on my PC. Because I don't know how to do Powershell, this means that every time I start my computer, I swap over to Desktop 2, run Windows Terminal as admin, open seven tabs in the window, and then chdir to my scripts directory and run a separate batch file in each tab. I have to do it this way because if I close the window, the drives unmount, and I don't want a bunch of terminal windows open on my primary desktop all the time.

I'm certain there's a way to automate all of this to run on startup in the background in Powershell, but I don't know what it is. Is there an easy obvious way, or at least a good place to start looking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Happiness Commando posted:

Sure. Use task scheduler to run a powershell script that does those 7 commands. But why can't you just mount those network locations natively?

Dokan makes them look like actual local drives. I have an application that fails if it sees them as "mounted network locations" instead of local drives.

I'll look into that script. Thanks!