Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IT Guy
Jan 12, 2010

You people drink like you don't want to live!
Is the OP (April 2010) still the best source for resources?

I have zero .NET programming knowledge and my batch jobs consist of Google results. I'm interested in just full blown learning PowerShell to make my life easier and want to pick up one or two books on the subject. Where is my best start to learn PS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IT Guy
Jan 12, 2010

You people drink like you don't want to live!

Walked posted:

Depends on your level of understanding of .NET (you said none), powershell(none), and scripting/programming in general.

Between MSDN + Oreilly's Powershell Cookbook and you've got a TON of material at your disposal, but its also not like it's a 1-2-3 "intro to this stuff" avenue.

Oreilly generally has really good stuff though, I think they have a more introductory powershell book out too.

That's what I figured. My "programming" skills stop at PHP (for what that's worth). I barely know the MVC model, and don't know anything about OOP other than what the acronym initialism stands for.

IT Guy fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 8, 2011