Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkface
Apr 20, 2002

Z-Bo posted:

Been hacking in Powershell lately to automate some bullshit garbage that I can now pass off to somebody who can just click the script and monitor it to make sure nothing failed.

See http://z-bo.tumblr.com/post/657962194/optimizing-vba where I have been dabbling in using Powershell to mess with CSV files, using the Excel COM API. It was rough getting used to the API and what idioms worked best, but now that I have done a bit I like it. A cheat sheet for Powershell and Excel would be a nice addition to the Powershell community.

I'll bump this thread in the future with some neat Powershell idioms Victor and I came up with about a year and a half ago that have proven rock solid and seriously cut down on lines of code.

Thanks for this. I really needed a good way to control excel outside of excel. Powershell is going to save the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU