Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Good luck feeding Stop-Service a service that doesn't exist. Also, good luck checking if a service exists before feeding it to Stop-Service.

Toshimo posted:

It is certainly something I've considered, when we get enough breathing room that I can start looking at better solutions, but for the moment, I've got an overwhelming backlog of several thousand applications that I have to review, so I fix what I can, and push the big stuff to next year's Toshimo.

Master Packager sits on top of psappdeploytoolkit, and wraps a bunch of its options into checkboxes that you can then make templates for. Literally drag and drop msi's into a window. It'll do fancier stuff if you pay. (no affiliation)

EoRaptor fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Get-service |? { $_.name -eq 'whatever'}

Yeah, now that I reread what I wrote, I realized I’d memory holed the other part of the issue I faced, which was a security product that hid its service and process. I just remembered the frustration.

But do check for a service existing before using Stop-Service, its error handling is terrible.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Boywhiz88 posted:

I'm still struggling w/ removing the one user w/ my script. If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it. I'm hoping to avoid the NTFSAccess as I'd like to keep it as pure Powershell as possible.

I've played around with method for removing, the syntax of what occurs when and no difference.

It'll turn off inheritance and keep the permissions, but it won't actually remove PCNAME\Username from the PERSONAL folder that gets created. It's quite annoying!

Thoughts?

Is the user the owner? You can't remove access rights from the owner.