Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I went to a Powershell event today and the speaker explained how you could mount Active Directory and then rm -f the entire thing like a real *nix admin. That is the moment I decided to learn Powershell.

Anyone have book recommendations? Need a newbie book and then something that has some meat on it. I already ordered http://www.manning.com/jones/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

What is the best way to capture all the output of a Powershell script running via task scheduler to a log file? I'm trying to troubleshoot some scripts that I have that are failing and finding the lovely method that I implemented is not capturing all the commands or variables.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Fenrisulfr posted:

Start-Transcript should work for you.

This looks like it will work well, but now I can't use the Powershell ISE. Is there another popular IDE I can use with this command and powershell?

Otherwise, thanks, I will just notepad it up from now on, but this will do the trick for me.