Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PleasantDilemma
Dec 5, 2006

The Last Hope for Peace
Is it cool to ask about email hosting in this thread? I need to move my mail to a new host. It's currently hosted on textdrive but they are poo poo and support doesn't respond to my emails. I've got an old lifetime account with them. I'm looking for a reliable host with lots of storage, imap access, and a easy migration process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasantDilemma
Dec 5, 2006

The Last Hope for Peace

xtal posted:

Do you care about privacy?

No? Google Apps.

Yes? http://prxbx.com/email/

Thanks for the link to the list there. Runbox.com is looking very promising.

PleasantDilemma
Dec 5, 2006

The Last Hope for Peace
More domain chat: I've got a ccTLD domain through Network Solutions, but I don't really like them. However not all domain registrars handle the funny country domains. If I already have a domain can I transfer it to a different registrar even if they don't handle that TLD? I assume not but maybe computers really are magic...

PleasantDilemma
Dec 5, 2006

The Last Hope for Peace
I see lithium recommend here but cant find the versions of php they support, anyone know? I have to host a 5.x app (yep)

PleasantDilemma
Dec 5, 2006

The Last Hope for Peace
I've heard fastmail is good for hosting email and they aren't one of the big clouds. Today I was actually trying to sign up for icloud email but the app kept giving me an error. They support custom domain and the price looks really good. I'm looking to switch off runbox.com since I've had some delivery issues.

PleasantDilemma
Dec 5, 2006

The Last Hope for Peace
Another question about switching email providers. Is there a tool to copy my existing emails to a new host? IMAP to IMAP? Google brings up guides that say my mail will stay in my client which is true, but is like to consolidate on one server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasantDilemma
Dec 5, 2006

The Last Hope for Peace

RoboBoogie posted:

https://github.com/imapsync/imapsync

It’s a very simple tool that you can run

Trip report: of my 19k mails it copied 15k and had an "append error" on the rest. Will dig into getting the last over but this is exactly the kind of tool that I was looking for, thanks.