Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Authentic You
Mar 4, 2007

Listen now this is your
captain calling:
Your captain is dead.
Does anyone have experience with Hostway? I can't rage about its horribleness enough. I started managing my company's website about a month ago, but since it was on (outdated) Wordpress, I didn't have to muck around on FTP or deal with the host until this week. I finished designing a new custom theme and organization system for the site and went to upgrade Wordpress to the current version...

All I got was 500 errors, PHP errors, my mangled Wordpress files telling me all the specs were insufficient, more errors even after restoring the older version. I couldn't do installation tests because I would have had to pay extra per additional MySQL database. I tell support the specs are insufficient and I am lied to. Then I learn that the 'database has insufficient permissions for running WP 3.0', it's passed to Tier 2 support. Then a few hours later the database gets wiped. Days later no response. I had an XML export backup though.

These guys can go gently caress themselves.

I showed the boss some of the universally bad reviews for Hostway, got the go ahead and got us some 5-star goon hosting. We do tons of research with lithium batteries so it's totally appropriate.

Oh, and for the sake of demonstration, I installed the same old version of Wordpress the site ran on the new Lithium hosting plan, and upgraded it... one click and it was flawless. Should have been soooo simple....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU