Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

I have zero interest in marriage.

drcru posted:

Kinda surprised at how calm some of you are for having more than a few minutes of downtime :ohdear:. Aren't people complaining?

I run a website with 700 plus users, about 100 of them daily. I've had a lot of emails so far. It sucks, and I'm going to complain and get free hosting out of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

Phiberoptik posted:

What domain registrar's are you guys using that are cheap and reliable? Godaddy's prices have gone up a lot over the years.

namecheap.com

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

Anyone else having major issues with Nixihost's mysql? Looks like it's down for them. I can hardly access cpanel.

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

And google apps only takes a few minutes to setup if you know what you're doing.

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

angryhampster posted:

So apparently my troubles with Nixihost are not over with. This morning I was charged for another year of hosting with them AFTER I'd requested them to close my account. They responded yesterday with 'we can keep you on board for only six bucks, wanna stay?' Of course I responded no, please cancel the account.

Filing a dispute via paypal right now. The reason I'm posting publicly is because it seems to be the most effective way of getting through to anyone at Nixi.

If anyone on here expects good customer service, reliability, and speedy ticket responses, steer clear of nixihost.

e: They also charged me $10 more than my invoice stated. What a crock of poo poo.

I've hosted my moderately sized forum (1300 or so members) with nixi for probably 17 months at least, and I've yet to have any troubles besides a little downtime.

Sorry your experience isn't the same, but from what it sounds like the charge issue was your fault, no reason to get pissy and post online about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

DigitalMocking posted:

Register your domains with Zoneedit, use them for DNS, put your webhosting wherever you want. Never do them both at the same place.

namecheap is pretty solid too.