Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bohemian Cowabunga
Mar 24, 2008

Can anyone recommend a good log analyzer for Apache? There seem to be a bunch out there, so thought I would just ask before installing a bunch.
It does not necessarily have to be free, but it is for personal use so would prefer freeware.

Edit: I realize that this is not completely on-topic, but it seemed the best place to ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Cowabunga
Mar 24, 2008

Can anyone recommend a free/cheap dynamic dns hosting service?

Edit: Went with http://no-ip.com

Bohemian Cowabunga fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 9, 2013

Bohemian Cowabunga
Mar 24, 2008

Stealthgerbil posted:

No ip has been pretty good for me. I use them to point a domain at my home file server and it always works.

Nice to know and yeah, thats exactly what I intend to use it for.

Bohemian Cowabunga
Mar 24, 2008

plaguedoctor posted:

Since I am "the guy who can get viruses off the computer box machine", apparently I'm some kind of IT wizard and know exactly what to do. :rolleyes:
The most important thing, though, is that we must have PCI compliance, since we deal with credit cards as well.

Based on the two sentences above; please hire someone to do this.

Bohemian Cowabunga
Mar 24, 2008

I was just looking for something like those OpenVZ offers. 120GB offsite storage for under 5$/month is not bad.

Bohemian Cowabunga
Mar 24, 2008

Ah yeah those look nice too, thanks for the heads up :)

Bohemian Cowabunga
Mar 24, 2008

Just an FYI if anyone wants to give DigitalOcean a shot.

DigitalOcean posted:

Happy Black Friday! We're giving out a $50 (50 USD = 274 DKK) (50 USD (50 USD = 274 DKK) = 274 DKK) credit for one day only, so spread the word. Promo code is: BLACK50
http://bit.ly/1caXjlE

For existing customers, please open a new ticket titled ‘BLACK50 EXISTING’ for a special offer. We will match a $25 (25 USD = 137 DKK) (25 USD (25 USD = 137 DKK) = 137 DKK) payment (PayPal or credit card) to your account with a $25 (25 USD = 137 DKK) (25 USD (25 USD = 137 DKK) = 137 DKK) credit.

I have been very satisfied with my low usage server in the Amsterdam location, but I have mainly been using them because of their hour-based billing which have been perfect for labs and testing.

Bohemian Cowabunga
Mar 24, 2008

For what its worth, I use a very simple Postfix server for all my VPS system mails, and have had zero problems with it.
I would, however, probably never use it for "real" email because thats so cheap to get hosted.

Bohemian Cowabunga
Mar 24, 2008

I do not know what you define as easy to setup, but DigitalOcean.com provides the best playground in my opinion. They got SSD drives and the hour based billing is awesome for toying around.
Available datacenters include 2 locations in Amsterdam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Cowabunga
Mar 24, 2008

You can do that on a DigitalOcean VPS / App platform for :fivecbux: a month

Edit: https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing

Bohemian Cowabunga fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 23, 2022