Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Arms
Sep 19, 2008

R!
Is running a Zimbra server through Amazon EC2 any better from a privacy/security standpoint than using Google Apps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Arms
Sep 19, 2008

R!
We are running a 40k+ visitor per month WordPress blog on A2 Hosting's "unlimited" shared hosting. We are apparently using up too much processor time, and they want us gone.

I guess we need a managed VPS or dedicated server. All I want is my regular cPanel interface. I don't want to have to learn to administer a server. I am also terrified of moving everything over with minimal downtime, so a little hand-holding may be in order.

Where should I go?

Robot Arms
Sep 19, 2008

R!

a llama posted:

cPanel has account migrations that are almost entirely automated so all you need to do is find a VPS provider you trust.

We already tried a VPS with HostGator, and before I get my cPanel interface, I've got to learn how to set up DNS servers, user accounts, and all kinds of stuff I have no idea how to do. We gave up.

I need fully-managed hosting.

I'll check out WiredTree, dvgrhl. Thanks!

Robot Arms
Sep 19, 2008

R!
Our signup and transfer to WiredTree VPS from A2 shared hosting was a piece of cake. WiredTree has got great customer service; they usually respond to e-mails within minutes, and you can also just pick up the phone and call. Huge difference! Thanks for the recommendation, goons.