Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I just use CloudFlare free tier to setup email@domain.com addresses and forward them to a Gmail account and setup the send-as feature. Works great but I only need like 3 emails per domain max so YMMV. I used to just do this with dreamhost when my domains were there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Volguus posted:

I am looking to move my custom domain email from google (had it since 2009 in the free plan but for more than a year now google just got greedy and they're asking tons of money. I'm just about to finish my grace period this month with them.) I saw in the other replies information about setting up cloudflare with email forwarding. How do you send email from that email address then?

Second question, which is why I quoted above post: I researched fastmail a bit and people are saying good things about them. Their custom domain plan is significantly cheaper than google and microsoft. Are there any problems that people have experienced with them? Other than fastmail or that cloudflare solution is there nothing out there but to go give money to google or microsoft?

I just need 3 users.

1 - I use CF to forward to Gmail currently and you just setup your forwarded email addresses in Gmail as 'send as' accounts so you can choose whether you're sending from a custom email or your Gmail or whatever. Seems to work fine for me. It validates each email you add this way with an auth email sent to that address to make sure you control it. It's all free and works fine for my needs.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

teen phone cutie posted:

butting into this convo to say did not know gmail had this feature. What do I set as the username and password here to go through my cloudflare alias?

I already have my gmail account receiving from my cloudflare alias, but not sure how to configure outgoing email

Sorry for the late reply but I don't think you need to send via another SMTP service for these send as email, I don't have any of that configured.