Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I don't know where else to put it. If you know of a better place please let me know!

I am having wordpress issues on my host, Lithium Hosting (not that they've done anything wrong here), where wordpress wouldn't update and now the site just says a critical error happened and the site won't work and I am getting a 503 error when I try to go to wp-admin. I've read a few things online and tried to fix it but its just not working. I think I need to just hire someone to get the site back and working. Does anyone here have recommendations of people or companies they've used in the past for 1 off wordpress issues to get a site back up and running?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Thanks for letting me know about snapshots, I just turned that on.

Yeah, I've opened a ticket and have been going back and forth a bit with Troy. He definitely wanted me to look at Fortification, but even with enabling write mode there and trying to manually update to the latest wordpress version it didn't work. I don't know if this is a plugin problem or a theme problem or something else, but I know all plugins are disabled for now and its still erroring out, so unless a plugin borked the upgrade and thats whats causing the problem I don't think thats where the issue lies.

Anyway, I think this problem is definitely beyond me, or at least beyond the amount of time I want to spend on trying to fix it myself, and I'll go ahead and see if I can hire someone else to deal with it.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

nem posted:

What's the most recent error reported in Web > Web Apps > PHP Pools > Log file? If disabling Fortification temporarily doesn't resolve the problem, then you have a bad theme or plugin at play.

This is the last error. I didn't have any luck on the wordpress support forums trying to find it there:

[29-Nov-2022 21:00:02 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: ftp_nlist(): Argument #1 ($ftp) must be of type FTP\Connection, null given in /var/www/html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-ftpext.php:420
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-ftpext.php(420): ftp_nlist(NULL, '/var/www/html/w...')
#1 /var/www/html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-base.php(228): WP_Filesystem_FTPext->exists('/var/www/html/w...')
#2 /var/www/html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-base.php(76): WP_Filesystem_Base->find_folder('/var/www/html/w...')
#3 /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/wen-business/inc/wptt-webfont-loader.php(535): WP_Filesystem_Base->wp_content_dir()
#4 /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/wen-business/inc/wptt-webfont-loader.php(576): WPTT_WebFont_Loader->get_base_path()
#5 /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/wen-business/inc/wptt-webfont-loader.php(484): WPTT_WebFont_Loader->get_fonts_folder()
#6 /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/wen-business/inc/wptt-webfont-loader.php(523): WPTT_WebFont_Loader->get_local_stylesheet_path()
#7 /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/wen-business/inc/wptt-webfont-loader.php(142): WPTT_WebFont_Loader->local_file_exists()
#8 /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/wen-business/inc/wptt-webfont-loader.php(695): WPTT_WebFont_Loader->get_url()
#9 /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/wen-business/functions.php(182): wptt_get_webfont_url('https://fonts.g...')
#10 /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): wen_business_scripts('')
#11 /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#12 /var/www/html/wp-includes/plugin.php(476): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#13 /var/www/html/wp-includes/script-loader.php(2156): do_action('wp_enqueue_scri...')
#14 /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): wp_enqueue_scripts('')
#15 /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#16 /var/www/html/wp-includes/plugin.php(476): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#17 /var/www/html/wp-includes/general-template.php(3042): do_action('wp_head')
#18 /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/wen-business/header.php(28): wp_head()
#19 /var/www/html/wp-includes/template.php(770): require_once('/var/www/html/w...')
#20 /var/www/html/wp-includes/template.php(716): load_template('/var/www/html/w...', true, Array)
#21 /var/www/html/wp-includes/general-template.php(48): locate_template(Array, true, true, Array)
#22 /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/wen-business/404.php(8): get_header()
#23 /var/www/html/wp-includes/template-loader.php(106): include('/var/www/html/w...')
#24 /var/www/html/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/var/www/html/w...')
#25 /var/www/html/index.php(17): require('/var/www/html/w...')
#26 {main}
thrown in /var/www/html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-ftpext.php on line 420

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Not sure if this is the best thread for this question but it seems to fit so I'm going to ask.

I get a wordfence report once a week, and for the past couple of weeks I've had several attempts from people trying to login to my wordpress website with my admin user account login name (it is not admin). Not sure how they figured it out, but its a little disconcerting. It isn't a ton of login attempts, like maybe 10 a week, but still, I don't like to see it.

Is this something I should actually be worried about? I do have 2 factor turned on to login, so if they somehow get the password they still shouldn't be able to get in. I don't think I can change the user name, though if I had to I suppose I could create a different user account and just make that one the admin. Thoughts?