Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
I work for singlehop and we have 2 other goons on board why are we not listed <:mad:>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

DNova posted:

I'm not even talking about running irc servers just IRC in general. Although I think banning ircds is lame as well. Ban the abusers not the entire idea.

Having worked in the industry for 5+ years now and worked at places that did allow ircds I can tell you it isn't worth the crap you get from those few clients that run ircds. I'd say 50% were legitimate networks and the other 50% were either botnets or chinese clients who would get attacks. At one time we had a client who had a 40Gbit attack on a single ip. The attack was so large that they had to pull our fiber at the base of the building because it was affecting not only our data center but other clients in the building as well. The provider was cogent which has no filtering so there was literally nothing that could be done until the attack subsided and we had a downtime of around 12 hours while cogent tried to get the attack null routed.

That said singlehop does not allow ircds on our network.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
cPanel is a fantastic control panel. It is only limited by the person administrating it. I know plenty of people on hostgator that have no issues. For instance givesmehop.com is hosted on hostgator.

Steadfast is also a decent host. They have a fairly stable network but as far as their shared hosting I have no experience with. I haven't worked in shared hosting in 6ish years.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Judging from what I've seen leaked out I'd have to side with a llama