Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jusion
Jan 24, 2007

Unless you're running the game on a 2000 pentium 4 system at 640x480, you'll probably want to download and run this:
http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/

jusion fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 11, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jusion
Jan 24, 2007

Adam Bowen posted:

Yeah, but Deus Ex doesn't play well with Windows 7 and the graphics are dated. People who haven't played it and don't have the patience to try should check out FPS RPG Supergame Bioshock instead.

Steam can be a little tricky to navigate so here's a walkthrough to help those attempting to purchase Bioshock

Or they could get a full-er, better game (System Shock 2) over the derivative and shittier product.

jusion
Jan 24, 2007

BillWh0re posted:

Has anyone installed Biomod on a game in progress? I switched from Shifter to Biomod just after Liberty Island and the microfibral muscle aug hasn't become passive. Also, the aqualung I picked up after installing Biomod, even though it has the biomod text, is also not passive.

Wondering if there's a console command to spawn the Biomod version of these canisters.
You still have to activate them. They just don't actively consume energy when you do.

jusion
Jan 24, 2007

Does anyone still have DXTool or any of the other Invisible War tools on their computers? I can't find a working mirror and I really want to suffer my way through the game for some reason.

jusion
Jan 24, 2007

Ansob. posted:

I haven't bothered to hack it to be widescreen, though I wish it could be windowed.
in the iw /system folder open default.cfg and there are two variables you have to changes from true to false, startupfullscreen and usefullscreen. You can change the resolution in game ofc.