Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If you use the vent you can sneak up behind the hostages and get them into the train without alerting the guards at all. And then bop the nsf guys because I don't want the evil unatco agents to kill them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
You can just click on the hostages and the guards don't notice

site fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 12, 2020

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
For some reason the hardest thing to me has always been getting jojo before he kills whatshername. If you do it too early everyone gets mad, if you do it too late jojo kills her, if you don't peel him off before the dad kills him the girl gets pissed and ends up homeless at that gas station way later in the game, and if you're on realistic this all happens within seconds :(

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah you have to give the dad the gun but then kill jojo before the dad does and they reconcile instead of her leaving. For such a small scene there are a surprising amount of possible outcomes

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The only weapon you need is the blackjack so he can have the pistol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
You sure? I coulda sworn it's the dad killing him that pisses her off

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Dang well sorry about the fake news

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
For hud scaling you want deus exe

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
You have enough storage to keep a rocket launcher for the bosses and tranq and/or stun everyone else in the game like in the original

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Minor late game spoiler (gameplay not story): you can pick up turrets and run around with them after hacking them to target enemies.

I had no idea you could do that lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
if you're using the dx10 renderer, it also has a built-in frame limiter. press t to open the talk menu, backspace the default "Say" text and type in "preferences" and under Rendering -> DirectX 10, use your preferred FPS Limit

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it gives you more xp for nonlethal kills. which is why im a shifter user. i've always hated how vanilla is short on xp compared to how much it asks for master for the important skills and giving me xp for exploration and nonlethal kills is right up my alley

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i didn't say master everything. even with shifter you'll, if you only focus on specific skills you will usually only get the necessaries like melee, lockpicking, computers, electronics, and maybe advanced for a couple others, which is why i say think it's good. with vanilla it always felt hard to master even the least amount of necessary skills. now it feels doable just for the minimum

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That radial mod seems nice too bad it's gmdx only

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Dx is both wonky and playable with a gamepad from what I've messed with. In game it works just fine for my needs since i like using the blackjack, so no fine aiming needed, and the gep gun for bots, which has a lockon. But you basically have to have your keyboard next to you at all times anyways to use any of the menu systems, so like, it's not really all that worth it?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
isn't that basically what The Dark Mod is

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

brap posted:

Has anyone added a decent auto save into the game? For example, one that saves when entering a new area, or when you get certain skill point bonuses for accomplishments, or just on a time interval.

Also, the fact that the vanilla game says SAVING on the screen, but doesn’t actually save your game, when you travel to a new area is pretty much sadistic IMO.

I think I’d have a hard time coming back to a game that requires me to build the habit of manually saving all the time. Plus I feel like I’d inevitably start save scumming before doing anything that might not work.

never stop quick saving

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Gonna laugh if he torches his daughter in the process

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Been doing my first run in a couple years the past couple days, in hindsight trapping so many dense emails behind a short hacking countdown was not the greatest choice

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm planning on trying invisible war for the first time after i wrap up dx1. I've already grabbed some unofficial patches recommended by pcgamingwiki, are there any tips gameplay/mission wise? side stuff easily missed and the like

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i mean, it makes sense that you only have a limited window to stay in a system when having, i just wish there was some way to actually read the emails, instead of quick switching through multiple accounts and skimming them all for four digits codes. i cheated to give myself enough skill points to have master computer and still have a hard time finishing in time if there's multiple large text dumps

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i literally said i have master computer in the post you quoted lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:eyepop:

tbf i did say try, no promise that i'd see it all the way through

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Well for the moment anyways I can't even get it to launch the game after I press start in the main menu, so I may not play it after all

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
This just reminds me of how I didn't know Max Payne had a voiceover during the comic segments for years because the ripper took em all out lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
shifter does, which i like

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah for me it's a nice way of picking up a couple extra skill upgrades along the way for doing something I'm already gonna do anyways

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
seems reasonable to me

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Grand Fromage posted:

You can get an assault shotgun early by taking the MiBs out at Paul's apartment non-lethally.

that sounds like it'd be hard as gently caress to pull off

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
tbh it never occurred to me to use gas grenades on mibs since they're cyborgs

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
what about the crafting

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the only time i ever noticed the game checking non lethal is the shifter mod requiring it to give you the blackjack in Paul's apartment

but yeah I'm definitely a person who is all non lethal with everybody but majestic 12, then it's sniper shots to the face all day

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'll take the sub base and dump everything in the inventory before the Simons fight

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
And I just did a run like a month ago, ughh

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
if anyone wants to go to the devs discord and pretend it's totally not because of me and ask that the Lucky Money NPCs who ask you to pay their cover be reinstated because it's 2021 and bisexuality shouldn't be erased that would be cool

nm theyre gonna make a toggle for the next release

site fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 9, 2021

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i don't know what fank means but according to Google i did not turn them into a donut or put them in a sheep pen

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
there's always something new to learn about deus ex

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So I finally started invisible war, months after I said I was gonna, and is the speech audio quality pretty low in general? All the voice lines sound kinda garbled on the high end like it's a lovely reencode but I dunno if it's the game or my config. The sound effects and stuff are okay though

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
You know, I'd heard that the losing times in IW were annoying, but I guess I didn't really know what people meant until I had to go from one side of lower Seattle to the WTO headquarters, and each zone takes only 10 seconds to run through, but there's 6 zones and each one takes 20 second to load lol

site fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
already installed