Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Vic posted:

Okay this thing gave me an idea. I was looking for a let's play of Deus Ex in the lparchive and found nothing. Apparently one was already done, but it's in the forum archives which I don't have access to so I don't know what the deal is.
I checked up on GetWellGamers' LP and apparently the images are down for it so it's not really worth it any more. It was a really good LP, too. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Sam. posted:

Can't speak for anyone else, but after I got the Dragon Sword I stopped experimenting with weapons and just started stabbing everyone I could.
Yeah this is the point in the game where I reliably forget about the non-lethal condition I was maintaining and just start messing around. I'm pretty sure on average I kill Chow like 30 times per playthrough.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Der Luftwaffle posted:

I thought that was odd too, you'd think UNATCO would have heavy mechs everywhere around their base. I guess the HQ being there makes the place a good high profile target for the NSF but losing the island to a bunch of guys and one light mech is kind of weak.
All the heavy mechs are inside! :ssh:

I'd say the security is lax on UNATCO HQ because it's basically just an office. I think its servers are all remote too, so there wouldn't ever be much real reason to directly attack it, especially since a lot of the employees have military training.

I did always think it was strange that the first mission was conveniently right on the doorstep of your home base, though.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

closeted republican posted:

Sounds a lot more fun than trying to use IW's clunky as hell lethal weapons.
The only lethal weapon you need in IW is the Red Greasel Hunter (for its snazzy flashlight) with a silencer and glass destabilizer!

IW may have gotten a lot of things wrong but the glass destabilizer weapon mod is totally one of my favourite stealth tools I've come across in a video game.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

It's actually really easy iirc. Eventually you get the power that lets you punch EMPs into robots and then there's no reason to ever put away your baton.
If you know how to assign your augs, "eventually" can mean "ten minutes into the game". Seriously, put all your starting augs into strength and swipe the lab's black market canister for EMP attacks and you're an unstoppable batonpunching machine before you've even left Tarsus.

I started playing Invisible War through again to top off having completed Human Revolution, and while I considered doing a nonlethal run to celebrate my successful nonlethal HR game... it just doesn't seem like a challenge.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
The boss conversation ~confrontation~ system in HR is brilliant and felt considerably more climactic and true-to-DX than the actual bossfights.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Wasn't that the version with FMV endings? Might have been the intro too but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Upon hearing about the closure, one of the staff members reportedly said "Onoma job"

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
JC Double D-enton

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Sure is handy the mech augs got instantaneous killswitches that are verbally activated. Denton's one-liner would need to be a marathon-grade run-on sentence to finish off a nano aug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

aniviron posted:

It is prettier, but it doesn't play as well, and goes for a much more sci-fi feel than DX.

The relatively grounded feel of DX's locations was a big part of its appeal for me, and dropping that grounding for IW's more sci-fi style (and because the maps needed to be miniscule) was a real disappointment. Even the prequels tossed this out, although they came out pretty well compared to IW's identity as the awkward teen phase of the series' development.