Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
DX is one of those games that I've lost count of how many playthroughs I've had. I'll definitely have to try the shifter mod next time around.

One of my favourite glitches is at the Ocean Lab. You toss a scrambler grenade at the huge bots guarding the dock, and they inexplicably start targeting the seagulls with volleys of rockets and machinegun fire.
It's hilarious watching a ludicrously expensive military death machine hunting innocent creatures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
Reading through this gargantuan thread has finally taken its toll on me, too. Does anyone have a link to a "don't wanna miss a single thing" in this glorious game? I've probably played through entirely at least 10 times, on various difficulties. The thing is, I always find my usual style as I just seem to have to min/max EVERYTHING, every time.

This is my first time with Shifter.
I'm going for something a little different this time, such as trying out people's suggestions of using the upgraded magnum, using non-lethal at least until I can get a blackjack (does it matter if you've possibly killed 1 or 2 people? I did get the "doing well so far" line from Paul).

Who else finds themselves scouring the entire HK area, going through ALL the nooks and crannies, diving around the sampans looking for secrets? Every drat time. Even though I'm fairly sure that I've actually found all the little tidbits - something that is rarely possible to say in DX. Nonetheless, I do occasionally miss bits per playthrough.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
Hahaha.

While searching for a list of passwords/security logins (I don't feel like hunting them down anymore, I did that the last ~11 times). I found this. I don't remember if it's been posted already. (I've read this gargantuan thread over the last couple of weeks, perhaps I forgot).

Click here for the full 750x600 image.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
Gave Mr Renton a GEP gun

Results: Not pretty.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
Ha. I ran into the exact same problem.

Are you using shifter+biomod too?

I even tried chopping up the chair he's sitting on - but he just sedately walks over to another chair. If I chop all those up too - he sedately meanders up the stairs and sits on the couch in one of the hotel rooms.

Chop that and he heads back to the main room and wanders around.