Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Make sure to shoot off all your guns into a trashcan at the start of a level, ammo should be part of the challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Finally a mod that gives us the stiff uncanny valley faces that made Invisible War so popular.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I'm starting up GMDX after only paying vanilla millions of time, any first timer tips or stuff I need to train myself out of?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Those boxes needed to contain a squeaking mouse every time you broke them to achieve the verisimilitude of Deus Ex 1.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Grand Fromage posted:

You did post that, yes. I am not in the habit of uncritically believing everything I read on the internet.

Even if it's accurate, I don't agree with it at all but in the realm of horrible poo poo billionaires are doing it's not exactly top of my list.

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah, seriously, dig into that Citations Needed 2-parter on Bill Gates. He fuckin' suuuuucks and his image all bought-and-paid for PR.

Nima Shirazi and Adam Johnson are media experts whose whole schtick is looking criticaly at this kind of bullshit. These episodes would be a good primer to disabuse of the notion that the billionaire rehabbing his image through not-so-selfless charity (with huge loving strings attached) is a good guy.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Sleeveless posted:

"media experts" who are so bad at media that they named their show Citations Needed when a show called Citation Needed already existed lol

I guess I use "media expert" here to mean incisive analysts who look critically at journalism and PR. You, a moron, think it has more to do with branding.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Wonder what made him chose Yang for Tracer Tong...

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Also Joe Biden is Gunther: outmoded, falling apart rust bucket with regressive views holding back the next generation yet still propped up by the institution.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Kamala Harris is a cop = Anna Navarre, dumbshit OP of that list isn't even trying :cmon:

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
JC keeps creeping into the UNATCO women's restroom and goosing all the cleaner bots, Manderley was right to dock his pay bonus.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Ever hacking mini-game I've ever played has never achieved the abstraction of making me feel like I'm a crafty hacker man entering the matrix, now I'm suddenly playing a baby game or a newspaper word scramble in the middle of another game.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Grimthwacker posted:

Even after all these years I still can't get over how fundamentally dumb Invisible War's "universal ammo" system was, and how much it actively discouraged you from using a lot of the weapons in the game. If you're using a shotgun, sniper or heavy weapon with any frequency, hope you have a melee weapon on hand! Of course IW's firearms weren't that great to begin with.

Universal ammo made the guns feel like they were magic wands and you were using a mana pool to power them.

IW's biggest crime though was changing the Dragon's Tooth weapon model from a jian (stately, elegant, the Gentleman of Weapons) to a katana (played-out, mall ninja garbage, doesn't even illuminate darkness)

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
In the future, we will have grand technological structures like IW's arcologies, but they will look like two rooms separated by a hallway with a loading screen in between

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Was it Revision that places like a random tortured NSF corpse just in the middle of Anna Navarre's office? Not that I don't think she'd be above icing prisoners like Simons or anything, I just found having a body casually strewn about like that was goofy as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
24 years later, Warren Spector offers more details about Deus Ex's cut 'Denver airport conspiracy' mission that was 'so crazy no one would believe it'

Warren Spector posted:

"I came up with a mission series that the team was going to implement and make better, because that's what teams do. One was a Denver airport conspiracy mission. I cut that one because it was so crazy, no one would believe it. Underground tunnels, holding pens with barbed wire to keep all the baby children who go missing from getting out so they could be eaten by shapeshifting aliens—including the royal family and the Bushes. They're lizard people, shapeshifting lizard people.

"I thought that might undercut the believability of the game, so that one didn't make it."