Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
can i play this video game on my "steam deck". i want to experience the old "imsims" but i'm a bed gamer

i know the answer is usually "yes just rebind all the keys" but i'm asking because 1) it's an old game and 2) a lot of pc games just feel awful to play on the deck even with rebinding because they require a lot of clicking things. but maybe some of y'all have experience getting this to run on the deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

brap posted:

Emulate the PS2 version..I'm about 80% kidding.
i literally had no idea this even existed and now i'm shook

if i can't get anything else to work the way i want to then i might....

Vic posted:

I have played through Deus Ex on Deck as one of the first games and while yes you have to bind everything, the touchscreen makes for easy inventory management and trackpad/gyro aiming is great. Stuff like keypads are great for the touchscreen too. Great battery life is a plus.

I created a virtual menu for all the augs and everything, which made it super comfy. Use the Kentie launcher like you would normally.
maybe i'll give it a shot! it's good to hear that the game works at least. i have some problems with both virtual menus (bugs out all the time) and touchscreen (it seems weirdly inaccurate? like there's some offset on it) but if you played through the whole game on the deck then that's a pretty good endorsement for it working!

idontpost69 posted:

a big part of what makes the pc imsims enjoyable(and tolerable) is how elegantly you can interact with the environment using mouselook. it's not as intensive as an rts or a crpg but you are going to be clicking on a lot of tiny poo poo yeah.
i know what you mean but i'm also convinced that it's a genre which can work perfectly well on consoles if the controls are just adapted for it. the much bigger issue than environment interaction is ui and things like inventory management, dialogue choices, etc. which typically don't have any keybinds on old pc games and i ran into this when i tried to play Neverwinter Nights on my deck because it was just painful to pick dialogue options and stuff with the touchscreen or virtual mouse cursor... which is doubly frustrating because nwn was ported to consoles with full controller support, it was just never backported to the pc version.