Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Are there any problems getting this game working on Windows 7 and widescreen monitors?

I can't be loving arsed with old games if they take forever to get running. I'm looking at you, Thief and System Shock 1 / 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

Cray posted:

That's because Invisible War is just bad. I hear a lot of "good game, disappointing sequel" apologia these days, but that really only applies to Thief 3.

You take this back, Thief 3 was a great successor to the series. I agree that the levels were small, but the game looked fantastic at release, ran very well and holds up even today.

Anyway, I'm 15 hours into Deus Ex, and man, what a game. I can't seem to manage my inventory properly though, can anyone suggest something I should drop? I don't have a single free slot

I've got:

Sniper rifle
Assault Shotgun
Assault Rifle
GEP gun
Dragon Sword
Crossbow
3 LAM's
Medkits
Lockpicks
Multitools

I just don't know what to drop, everything is useful somehow. Sniper rifle is silenced so I can't lose that. Most weapon mods went into the assault rifle, so I want to keep that too. Also I'm trained mostly into rifles. GEP gun is great for opening doors and blowing up robots, the sword is just ridiculous with my speed augmentation (fully upgraded).

It's kinda frustrating finding aug canisters, having to drop something, backtrack several minutes to find a medbot and finding out I already have augmentation in that slot :sigh:

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
I just finished Deus Ex. This game is long, Steam says I've played it for 27 hours. I got a mixed reaction from it. The story progressed so fast I had to read up on earlier events on wikipedia. Gameplay was solid, I went for the badass shooting type since I don't have the patience to stealth through games anymore. It certainly wasn't a waste of time, but the game isn't "the best game ever" (that would be Stalker). The final level was incredibly confusing, and the ending was kind of disappointing (I looked through all three).

Closest connection I could make would be to System Shock 2, which I played through a year ago or so. SS2 is definately a better game in my opinion, much cooler special abilities, you could actually follow the storyline, and obviously, the antagonist. Bob Page / Warren Spector got nothing on SHODAN.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

Cray posted:

That's because he's more interested in Mickey Mouse than world domination.

(I've confused Warren Spector with Walton Simons several times back in the day.)

Oh gosh, the producent of the game is the antagonist! What a twist :toot:

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
I installed the nameless mod, but the font size is so small I can't read books / read conversations without leaning in. Is there any fix? I'm playing on a 16:10 monitor if it helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

Cray posted:

It might happen. GOG is announcing a new publisher on June 2nd and it might be SquareEnix, which owns Eidos these days. That would also mean DX on GOG. And maybe Thief!

I'd pay them a hundred bucks if they put up a version of Thief which works on startup. I'd love to replay the games (favorite series ever), but the thought of spending several days just to get them running is not appealing anymore.