Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."

Basic Chunnel posted:

Broke into a random house in Paris and despite getting the same stock soundbite from every other such object in the game I activated a desk phone for kicks and ended up getting threatened by Icarus

Got that on my first playthrough (7 years ago already?) and jumped out of my seat. IIRC, that's the only phone in the game that rings, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."
Totally old news (this past March) but I was completely surprised to find it after searching The Nameless Mod on a lark (and don't recall seeing it in this thread): They're planning a major update that will include some map redesigns. I'm impressed the mod is still supported, let alone being updated. Might get me to replay it.

e: Apparently they released part of the planned update in June.

Sir Mat of Dickie fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Aug 4, 2019

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

I liked TNM when I played it ~5 years ago and I don't think I got even close to fully exploring most of the city sections. At the time I mapped out how to get the speed aug as soon as possible to make the long distances bearable (hope that's a priority for the redesigns). I remember trivializing one of the boss fights with the GEP gun (very true to the spirit of the original game) and laughed when there were a bunch of infolink messages about what an intense battle that must have been.

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

Literally me though in my case I think it was having my legs machine-gunned, Cotton Hill style, by the security bot.

:patriot: (same)

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

Does GMDX buff the plasma rifle? Been a while since I've played it. I had a lot of fun doing a flamethrower + GEP gun build in GMDX.

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

Re: soundtrack discussion, "Enemy Within" (UNATCO HQ during your escape) is my favorite track, so full of mystery but oddly uplifting.

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

GMDX is a lot of fun but it's substantially different. Maybe true to the spirit of the game, but the differences are large. Shifter and Biomod are much more to the effect of vanilla with tweaks.

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

site posted:

i think you can also get into maggie's mj12 base through the garage with the broken elevator? or does that get into versalife? i can't remember

Yes, that's one of the routes into her apartment.

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

I always love walking into her apartment through the front door and seeing an "MJ12 Troop: *coughs*" dialogue box. I like to imagine that as JC's augmented senses tipping him off. Somehow that has happened to me on every single playthrough where I've gone through the front door, but I somehow doubt it's scripted.

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

I loved doing the MJ12 attack sequence in GMDX. Paul is no longer invincible and he's only counted as rescued if you actually defeat all the attackers. I'm not used to having to try in Deus Ex :qq:

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

The delivery made her sound more curious than angry, in contrast to Gunther's reaction. Not sure it's the below is a good comparison but it's how I imagined it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!