Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_jvGCFF-pg

Oh no cats!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

MrL_JaKiri posted:

How many FPS/RPG hybrids are there

Outside those made by Looking Glass/Ion Storm

There's a few for the Playstation 1/2, the King's Field series 0-3 (0 released only in Japan as 1), and the Shadow tower series made by ASCII (the second one, Shadow Tower Abyss, was released only in Japan). The first games in both of those series are pretty awful and should only be played by hardcore fans in my opinion, but the rest are great. There's also Eternal Ring, also made by ASCII. Its pretty not good though, so I wouldn't play it unless you've played all the other decent ones and are still looking for something to do.

Also I guess you could count the Elder Scrolls series too, but none of these games have guns barring crossbows/bows and magic (except for Shadow Tower Abyss, which also has guns), so I don't know how 'shooter' they could be considered, but they are all are first person real time games though.

The last game I know of is Hungry Ghosts, a really obscure Japanese game by Sony for the PS2. Its in all Japanese and is really creepy and REALLY hard to understand whats going on (even if you know Japanese, I'm sure), so I was never able to finish it.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 25, 2010

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Fag Boy Jim posted:

IW had the worst UI in the history of FPS games, and I'm including poo poo like System Shock 1

What was so bad about the UI of System Shock 1? The only problems I had with it was the having to click on the ammo type to reload deal and container contents display overriding my other windows, but it wasn't that annoying.

If you're talking about the non-fullscreen UI then yeah, that was pretty bad.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Is there any way to make IW not run like a steaming pile of poo poo even on a modern PC? I've tried many times to play it and the framerate is just so godawful I have to put it down after the first mission even after turning all the settings down to bare minimum.