Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Conversation with Morpheus was literally the best writing in a videogame ever.

"The human being created civilization not because of willingness but of a need to be assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning."

"You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I just found out something new about the Vandenberg AFB level: just outside the big walls fortifying the level there's some bodies with loot. I've played the game like 6 times but never noticed it until I saw the bodies with my nightvision aug. It's nice to pick up on something I missed many times before.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEn-g8s6qEw

Apparently you can just sneak onto the subway an leave the hostages to their fate.
Wow. After all these years I thought I've unlocked every bit of dialogue in Deus Ex. Guess not.

Time to reinstall!

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

Why is the plasma gun so awesome when Simons uses it and so lovely when you take it?
simon is accurate and leads his shots quite skillfully.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

This will have been the third time I have purchased Deus Ex.

Not a shame. :smug:

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I tried to replay DXIW today and my god, the house I grew up in is literally bigger than all these levels. And the loading times... to move 100 feet requires you to go through like 5 loading zones. I can't take it anymore.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Oh great, my two DXIW gamesaves refuse to load. I got to Cairo. And now every time I try to load it I just crash directly to my desktop. What a shame.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

In Training posted:

Was DX:IW really that bad or is it just a mediocre sequel to a truly excellent game? I've never played it simply because I've never even heard anything about it.
The general consensus is: there are much better games to play and much better things you can do with your free time than to spend it on DX:IW.

Completely separating it from the original DX, and just looking at it as a standalone game, and judging it by it's own merits, DX:IW is a bad game.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

The Kins posted:

I NOW HAVE FULL ACCESS TO YOUR SYSTEMS.

Icarus was pretty friggin' creepy for just a voice and a static graphic. You can do a lot with a little...
You were just a prototype, Denton. A prototype for me.

The Icarus conversation on the phone in Paris was great and pretty unexpected.

"Is that God you're talking about? Or just a bunch of New Age crap?"

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Deus Ex is so good that I once entirely played the game over from the start because I wanted to see what would happen if you let Simons live.

Wildtortilla posted:

I don't want to get into :filez:, is there a legit place I can find System Shock 2? I never got to play it but it sounds loving great.
Last summer I made a SS2 thread and I was told it was completely OK to torrent the full version copy of the game. But that was last summer. I don't know if you can find SS2 legitimately anywhere now (I highly doubt it).

Capn Beeb posted:

I found out Anna has another line of dialogue if you go take care of the subway hostage chumps before she even tells you about it.
Great. You just made me re-install and play the game again. ARE YOU HAPPY WITH YOURSELF???!!

Happy Bear Suit fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 7, 2010

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Quetzal-Coital posted:

Is there anything that makes that game tolerable to actually play?
I (tried) playing DX:IW. And here is my seriouspost which will echo what everyone else will say:

There is no patch to fix the piece-of-poo poo game engine and no patch to fix the loading zones every 50 meters, just play Bioshock 2 or something

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Was there ever anything really special to the Versalife floor plans you can buy from him? 2000 credits seems like a waste.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

CaptainWinky posted:

Never know when I might come up against hunger pangs. Give me the candy bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7tRYj-Y6qI
Anna Navarre: You're going to eat a chocolate bar with your type II diabetes?
JC Denton: My blood sugar level is augmented.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

JC Denton has the ability to see perfectly through sunglasses at nighttime. His vision is augmented.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Did anyone else besides me feel the Illuminati were really untrustworthy and sketchy as gently caress? I mean what's up with Everett storing that dude in the meat freezer?

Helios ending was the best ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Sorry if I missed this, but the Deus Ex HDTP Project has basically been unofficially abandoned, and New Vision is the new hotness, right?