Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl
So, is this game good good, or is this the kind of "good" reserved for the likes of fallout games and system shock,
the kind where you have to stick seven pairs of rose-colored glasses up your rear end before even attempting the first area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Tecman posted:

Somewhere in-between if you ask me. Sure, us vets love it to death, but Liberty Island and the first part of the game has turned quite a number of people away, so it's possible to be scared off. Stick with it, though, it gets really, really REALLY good!

edit: REALLY REALLY really good!

Okay, I had fun with vampire the masquerade: bloodlines, so I guess I'll give it a go.

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Adam Bowen posted:

Of course, neither of these games hold your hand and guide you to every single objective with a gigantic loving arrow, while the objective flashes in bright colors just in case you still can't find it, so in that sense they are both outdated.

Neither did Turok 2.
By your standards: Turok 2 = Great game

Also, you shoot dinosaurs with a loving cerebral drill, how unique is that?

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl
Guess I had my expectations too high from reading all the praise, but this game plays like Tekwar. I know people usually put their rose-colored glasses on when they talk about how good the games of yore were, but that' because those games could innovate, like xcom, dungeon keeper or jagged alliance 2.

Recommended if you feel that conventional stealth/fps games have too few DoTs, I guess. Also, bonus for hilarious voice acting.

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Ansob. posted:

Hey guys I think this Command & Conquer 1 game is too unoriginal, it is very similar to Command & Conquer 3.

:psyduck:

I don't even know what this means. Jagged alliance 2 had infinitely superior mechanics compared to the first, which pretty much was one good idea marred by the execution.

So, nice try, I guess?

Fuzz posted:

Did... did you just compare Deus Ex to Tek War?

You're right, Tekwar had better combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl

etalian posted:

and other enhancements too

Yeah, speaking of games that need remakes...